Associate Data Scientist
Associate Data Scientist - Product Data Science See yourself in the team:
The Data and Decision Science team is accountable for the development of a customer centric approach for managing and deepening customer relationships.
Our vision is to anticipate customer needs through the development of behavioural insights and predictions that help to deepen relationships and balance risk / reward to maximise total shareholder return
The team comprises a mix of pure analytics roles developing customer, product and channel insights and modelling, alongside business facing stakeholder teams who are embedded into the business, ensuring we understand the needs of our internal customers. The role of the Associate Data Scientist is to:
- Build and productionise models drive business outcomes through the Customer Engagement Engine and other platforms.
- Learn various techniques to effectively analyse data, build statistical models and design experiments by using large and complex datasets.
- Build understanding of business and technical domain knowledge
- Work closely with business stakeholders to capture their requirements and keep them updated on progress.
- Communicate analytical output to stakeholders and other team members.
We are interested in hearing from you...
- Work with the Senior Manager Product, Assisted Channels and Remediation Data Science to embed data science solutions in Data and Decision Science and other Business Units, in order to drive value-add opportunities for our stakeholders, by assisting with:
- Develop machine learning and AI based solutions to to drive business outcomes
- Execute specifics tasks within a specific problem/project, under the guidance of a data scientist or the senior manager
- Liaise with the data delivery teams and business stakeholders to build features required for models on the strategic data platform (CAN360)
- Engaging with stakeholders to identify opportunities to embed data science into their business
- Proficiency in SQL and/or Python and/or R
- Experience of statistical modelling and other machine learning techniques
- Good verbal, written and presentation skills
- Analytical experience: 1+ years
- Stakeholder management skills
- Experience of big data platforms
- Experience of automation
- Degree in quantitative discipline required, e.g. mathematics, statistics, economics, econometrics, computer science or engineering
- You are analytical, strategic, and a forward thinking creative-problem solver, highly capable of working proactively within a team, leading by example, managing multiple projects simultaneously while navigating through ambiguity.
- You are passionate about customers and the opportunity to build trust and customer advocacy through data driven insights.
- You look beyond the status quo to try new approaches and tools, thereby lifting the overall capability of the team.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 01/08/2021