- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Nov 17
Associate Analyst 3 (11-month contract)
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Assist with the delivery of various ratings projects through such tasks as gathering and collating data, preparation of data series and charting.
- Perform cashflow modeling and review operating documents. Apply strong credit judgment and Moody's methodologies.
- Present analysis effectively and comprehensively to rating committees and other internal analytical meetings.
- Monitors relevant news and appropriately flags relevant items / developments.
- Proactively completes administrative tasks such as but not limited to preparation of materials for project meetings, other internal and/or external meetings.
- Participate in external outreach such as seminars, conferences and one-on-one meetings
- Return investor and other external market participants queries promptly and to a high standard. Engage in meetings with investors, intermediaries or others on a one on one basis as requested or otherwise seen as valuable.
- Ensuring that you are a) compliant with Moody's minimum standards b) as efficient in meeting its goals as possible.
- Undertake special projects as requested.
Structured Finance Group / Ratings & Research Support
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Law Economics, Statistics, Math or other relevant discipline.
- One year experience within capital markets, working within a professional accounting firm, law firm or financial institution is essential
- Understanding of capital markets including asset backed, residential and commercial mortgage backed securities
- Highly numerate with strong financial analysis, cash flow and modeling skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must display initiative and the ability to work independently
- Must display strong organizational, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Professional presentation
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.