- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Oct 17
Associate Analyst 2, Public Project & Infrstructure Finance
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, AustraliaRole:
- Provides support to Senior Analysts on the Ratings team including but not limited to Portfolio Management, Issuer Relationship Management and Research
- All duties performed under full supervision and guidance from the lead analyst and managing
- Assists analyst with overall preparation for Rating Committees such as gathering data, preparation of charts and financial models
- Assists analyst in preparation for portfolio reviews by compiling and maintaining peer comparisons, industry statistics and bond prices and spreads relevant to the portfolio
- Responsible for meeting minutes in issuer meetings, prepares items for follow-up and coordinates internally for resolution of outstanding issues
- Works with a team of analysts on various analytical and statistical projects including preparing financial spreadsheets and undertaking financial modeling, which leads to first drafts of analytical summaries of quantitative and qualitative information
- Attends investor briefings relevant to portfolio as an observer
- Tracks news wires daily and appropriately flags relevant items / developments
- Routinely completes administrative tasks such as but not limited to preparation of materials for rating committees, issuer meetings and portfolio reviews
Ratings & Research Support team
- Minimum undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree). Ideally has started or completed CFA Level 1
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Infrastructure experience preferral
- Good Accounting background (e.g., coursework and / or relevant work experience in accounting
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills a must
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
- May have some experience in a relevant field (preferred but not necessary)
- Proficient in English .
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.