Associate - Promontory Financial Group Sydney
Your Role and Responsibilities About the Business Unit:
Promontory Financial Group, a division of IBM, is the premier consulting firm for financial services companies worldwide. Promontory Financial Group excels at helping clients resolve critical issues, particularly those with a regulatory dimension. Promontory professionals have unparalleled regulatory experience and insight, and provide our clients with frank, proactive advice informed by best practices and regulatory expectations.
Promontory Australasia is a boutique operation with offices in Sydney and Singapore and maintains strong links to the US, Europe and other parts of Asia. Our consultants in Australia have backgrounds in finance, law, mathematics, economics, engineering and auditing.
In recent years Promontory Australasia has completed a number of high-profile engagements with Australian financial institutions and due to a strong pipeline of work we are looking to expand our team with a highly skilled, adaptable and dependable individual to join the high performing Sydney office to assist in the completion of a number of current challenging projects. Introduction
As a member the Promontory Australasia team at IBM you will contribute to the firm's global efforts to provide clients with solutions to challenging strategic, risk management, and regulatory compliance issues. Our growing team of specialists offer the following services across Prudential, Conduct and AML/CTF/KYC Regulation:
- Remediation Services - Independent assurance to regulators and firms over remediation programs
- Compliance and Risk Management Advisory - Advice on risk governance and management policies and procedures
- Regulatory Framework Advisory - Advising regulators on building regulatory frameworks
- RegTech - Working with IBM to leverage their technology to develop cognitive/AI based compliance solutions
- Regulatory Liaison Advisory - Helping our clients navigate relationships with Regulators
As an Associate, you will work with a multi-disciplinary team helping banks, wealth management businesses and other financial institutions including Regulators solve regulatory and compliance problems, design or restructure operational processes to better manage and mitigate both financial and non-financial risk and use technology to improve effectiveness and compliance with regulatory obligations.
You will work closely with Directors and Managing Directors and, applying your regulatory and industry knowledge and experience, work on projects ensuring project deliverables meet the high standards our clients have grown to expect. You will be responsible for managing engagements on a day-to-day basis, analysing complex problems, developing recommendations to address client issues and drafting reports and other deliverables. Role and Responsibilities
As an Associate you will demonstrate your ability to:
- Contribute to projects on a day-to-day basis to ensure delivery to schedule and budget.
- Assisting the senior engagement staff member in managing client interactions, day-to-day activities, and prioritisation of project tasks.
- Working autonomously, undertaking analysis as directed and taking responsibility for the preparation of project deliverables, including reports and presentations.
To be successful in this role a candidate must possess:
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- A good understanding of Australia's system of financial regulation which applies to our client base and an understanding of the businesses in which our clients operate.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of the engagement team on day-to-day aspects of engagement activities and an ability to work with clients.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships within teams.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong oral skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, simply and logically.
- Strong written communication skills with, the ability to construct well-founded, clear, and concise analyses and recommendations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Developing ability to handle complex information, solve problems, and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work closely with, to establish and maintain positive working relationships and communicate effectively with clients.
- Strong commitment to integrity and ethics.
Sign me up!
- An undergraduate degree in either Accounting, Commerce, Finance, or Law - with postgraduate qualifications highly regarded.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in financial services, consulting, Regulator, compliance, risk management, governance or legal.
- Demonstrated experience in building and managing project teams to address complex issues in high pressure situations.
- Track record working in a fast-paced and unstructured environment.
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers Equal Opportunity
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise