Associate - Indirect Tax
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Feb 18 2018-02-21
See job description for details
Do you have a finance background and a passion for numbers? Join our Indirect Tax team in Sydney where you will have accountability and ownership for your work and will gain excellent exposure to regional indirect tax across Asia Pacific, Japan and the Americas. If you are an adaptable and motivated Associate, keen to develop your career in Tax, please apply now.
Reporting to the Vice President, this role is for an Associate to provide indirect tax support to Morgan Stanley companies throughout Asia Pacific, Japan and the Americas.
Within the Finance Division, the Indirect Tax Group manages the Firm’s global VAT/GST compliance and advisory functions from London, Budapest, Shanghai and Sydney. The Group advises on product specific issues as well as prepares, reviews and/or advises on returns for entities in over 30 countries.
- Provide compliance support / preparation of indirect tax returns in various jurisdictions;
- Review and advise on indirect tax compliance issues as necessary, including systems audits, systems design and implementation, and process streamlining;
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations;
- Manage country and product-specific VAT/GST issues;
- Manage global and regional relationships with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Provide training to relevant teams on indirect tax issues;
- Liaise globally with Tax authorities for submission of returns and follow up queries;
- Apply the rules and regulations of the various tax authorities related to documentation requirements;
- Ensure processes/documentation is current;
- Assist with value-added projects designed to streamline processes and/or reclaims.
Advisory (as applicable):
- Advise on product-specific indirect tax issues, including Investment Banking, Equity, Fixed Income, Asset Management, Prime Brokerage, Private Equity, and Commodities;
- Analyse and advise on the indirect tax consequences of transfer pricing.
You will be a problem solver, with a keen eye for numbers and will be working towards (or completed) CA/CPA/Masters of Taxation. Specific Tax experience isn't required as training will be provided, but we would like you to have a finance/accounting background and demonstrated interest in finance. You will have strong organizational and communication skills given the demanding deadlines within multiple jurisdictions.
Please include a cover letter with your application.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career , a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.