Asociate Directors - Policy Program & Evaluation - Transport Sector
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 20 Feb 18
See job description for detailsExperience the difference with KPMG, one of the worlds most respected and trusted professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
We offer flexible work arrangements and rewarding careers for outstanding individuals in our open and friendly culture.
KPMG is currently looking for Associate Director level staff with extensive transport planning, policy and economics experience to work in its Policy Program and Evaluation (PP&E) practice. Transport planning and economics is important work that affects the lives of all Australians.
In KPMGâ€™s Policy, Programs & Evaluation Services group, youâ€™ll work alongside high-calibre professionals with public policy, service delivery, finance, economics, program management, program evaluation and risk management backgrounds. Our sector expertise extends across justice, education, transport and infrastructure, central agencies, human services and the broader public sector.
We are currently seeking Transport Planners/ Economists to join our National team. You will be based at our Sydney office but will be exposed to National engagements entailing:
- defining policy problems and providing practical, and strategic advice on options.
- economic and financial analysis and business case preparation to support government and private sector investment decision making.
- policy, project and program reviews and assessments, and advising on strategies to achieve policy objectives.
In your new role as an Associate Director, you will be engaged in nationally significant projects from across Australia. You will work on demanding but intellectually stimulating and challenging work using advanced methodologies and tools.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading/managing multiple and concurrent engagements with our transport and planning clients, ensuring we provide high quality services and outcomes
- Developing and fostering relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Working with teams and staff across different areas of KPMG to share your insights and expertise and collaborate to deliver high quality solutions to our clients
- Applying innovative and creative techniques in solving complex problems on client engagements
- Managing and developing people, in line with KPMG's mission to continually improve and maintain a high performing workplace
- integrated transport and land use planning and policy advice
- land use and transport analysis and modelling
- strategic policy and program review and reform options
- developing business cases for detailed policy and projects
- program evaluation services
- economic modelling and analysis; and
- financial feasibility analysis.
You will possess a degree or higher qualifications in economics/ econometrics, engineering, urban planning, mathematics, commerce/business or other fields as relevant.
You will enjoy collation and evaluation of data, with the ability assemble information from multiple means. You will have a creative background with the ability to solve clientâ€™s problems using innovative approaches and present findings in a way that appeals to different audiences. Experience with infographics and GIS/ Mapping would be advantageous.
What we offer
We offer rewarding careers, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship.
We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and economic policy issues; and we use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online
Advertised: 30 Nov 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time