Application Support Lead
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Sydney New South Wales AU
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 22 Jun 18 2018-06-22
Application Support Lead
S&P Dow Jones Indices
The Role: Application Support Lead
The Location: AUS-Sydney
We are seeking an Application Support Lead, to be a key player in the implementation and support of our Global Index Calculation Platforms that run major US indices like S&P 500, Dow Jones Industrial Averages & also the co-branded indices with our exchange partners such as S&P/ASX, S&P/NZX, S&P/BSE, S&P/TSX, S&P/BMV etc.
The technologist will work effectively to undertake the production support management for mission critical Index calculation applications. This position will be responsible for the development and implementation of Application Operations processes, application deployment, support processes, best practices while also providing coaching to application support team members. The candidate should be a delivery-focused person who is familiar with Market Data such as Equity, Commodities, Forex, Futures, and Options asset classes.
The candidate will help the business meet its commitment to the global financial community by ensuring a high-level of availability of our real-time indices and provide exemplary service to our clients and stakeholders. Your role with have an impact on the business as its responsibility will be to monitor our critical real-time index calculation processes and system health.
Our SPDJI team's structure will allow you to be exposed to and have the opportunity to build your skills across functions within technology. This role spans across our iconic brands in finance and business, including: S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Averages.
- Manage day-to-day production support operations for SPDJI index calculation systems during Asia pacific hours.
- Respond to critical production issues and provide immediate workarounds to maintain business continuity.
- Analyze production issues, report bugs and collaborate with application development team for resolution.
- Escalate critical or non-resolvable issues to the next level and provide ETA to customers.
- Conduct periodic system checkouts and notify internal & external stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot data and system issues with stock exchanges and market data distributors.
- Organizing and conducting post mortems for outages.
- Develops project plans for small/medium size projects & manage them independently.
- Conduct sessions training for new/junior team members.
- Preparing/reviewing analysis of the metrics and SLA's for deployed applications (trend analysis, number of SLA's breaches, etc.) and using the analysis to make high level assumptions about quality and performance trends.
- Sets direction, develops and monitors individual objectives, and leads the team.
- Review market data notices from stock exchanges & data vendors and analyze system impact.
- Maintain support procedures & runbook, system checkout tasks, escalation contacts.
- Execute disaster recovery plans, submit change tickets and obtain approvals.
- Liaison with vendor-partners and data hosting providers to resolve technical issues.
- Interact with business operations to provide technical support.
- Effectively interact with global customers, business users and IT staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience.
- 10 to 12 years of experience in application development or support with troubleshooting production issues and meeting critical SLAs.
- Experience in Oracle Database environment - SQL, PL/SQL stored procedures.
- Experience in deploying applications in Weblogic servers.
- Experience in system monitoring and data validation.
- Knowledge of Linux Operating System commands and executing shell scripts.
- Experience with Market Data/Index Management would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
S&P Dow Jones Indices
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law .