Analyst / Senior Analyst Opportunities
- 55K plus
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Australian Prudential Regulation Authority
- 19 Oct 17 2017-10-19
• A career that makes a difference - be part of an organisation that protects the financial well-being of the Australian community • Banking, Wealth Management & Insurance Opportunities • Prime Sydney CBD location
We have a number of opportunities for finance professionals with strong analytical skills and the highest integrity to perform the highly critical role of effective frontline supervision of the financial institutions we regulate. As an Analyst or Senior Analyst you will be heavily involved in the analysis of the financial position and prudential soundness of supervised institutions, including some of Australia’s largest conglomerates.
About the roles:
- Analysis of industry and financial information of specific institutions
- Identifying risk issues and developments that may lead to serious problems, and raising these as concerns before they manifest
- Acquiring and developing a range of financial analysis and other supervisory skills; to support high-quality analysis and risk assessment of supervised organisations
- Examining the internal structure and business relationships of supervised organisations to uncover problematic areas
- Producing detailed reports and analysis, and documenting to a high professional standard
- Maintaining current knowledge of industry, economic and financial market data and trends in order to understand and interpret data
APRA offers unprecedented exposure to the Financial Services industry. You will work amongst a team of highly skilled professionals, to positively influence industry best practice and the stability of the Australian financial system. Within this environment, you will have the opportunity to contribute your analytical expertise, as well as expanding your current skill set.
To be successful you will have strong financial analysis, investigative and research skills, the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels of business, coupled with strong business acumen. You will have exceptional business writing skills, a positive mindset and an energetic approach to problem solving with a willingness to offer new ideas and a fresh perspective. Qualifications in a finance-related discipline and industry experience in the banking, insurance, superannuation or professional services is essential.
The Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) regulates the Australian banking, insurance and superannuation industries, and is funded largely by the industries that it supervises. We currently supervise approximately $5.9 trillion in assets for 23 million Australian depositors, policyholders and superannuation fund members.
APRA invests in contemporary technologies to enable our employees to achieve work life balance, via flexible working practices. We are dedicated to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaboration and continuous improvement.
APRA is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability status.
For a role statement and to apply, please visit our Careers Page at www.apra.gov.au. The closing date for applications is Friday, 6 October 2017. For further information or assistance, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not apply to this e-mail address.
Applications for this role are to be submitted via the APRA website. To apply, please click the 'Apply Now'
tab below which will direct you to the APRA site.