Analyst - Acquisition & Syndicated Finance, Capital Markets Origination
Reports To: Alok Jhingan, Head of Acquisition & Syndicated Finance, Aust/NZ
The Capital Markets Origination (CMO) group works with our financial sponsor and corporate clients to develop, structure, and implement financing packages to meet their capital needs. This includes structuring and distributing issuances of equity, debt and hybrid capital products as well as syndicated/leveraged loans and bonds and asset-backed/securitized products.
As part of CMO, we are plugged-in to both the short-term dynamics of the market and the long-term strategic vision of investment banking. Our work involves daily interaction with bankers, debt market players and there is a high level of contact with our clients - to whom we talk frequently about the markets and continually look to create solutions for them. We work under pressure and with very short deadlines which results in a dynamic and stimulating working environment. What we are looking for:
An Analyst to be a part of the Australia/NZ Acquisition & Syndicated Finance team, who can support the team in the origination, structuring, execution and distribution of acquisition financing and syndicated debt transactions across industry sectors. Acquisition & Syndicated Finance is part of Citi's Capital Markets Origination (CMO) group, which also includes Debt Capital Markets and Equity Capital Markets.
Transactions cover acquisition financings, leveraged financings (domestic and offshore execution including Term Loan B and High Yield Bonds), bridges to capital markets, cross-border financings, refinancings and debt advisory. Responsibilities include:
- Provide deal execution and transaction support including assisting with due diligence, preparation of LBO models, credit/underwriting analysis and finance documentation
- Work closely with Investment Banking / M&A, Corporate Banking, Risk, Markets and also Citi's global teams on cross-border acquisitions and issuance in the offshore leveraged markets
- Manage deal execution and help with distribution including preparation of syndication materials, dataroom / Q&A, bank / investor meetings & roadshows
- Prepare client presentation and marketing materials including pitch books
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS What you offer:
- Maintain and develop relationships with corporate clients, financial sponsors as well as banks, funds and other debt investors active in the broader APAC market
You will have strong tertiary qualifications with 1-2 years' experience in acquisition / leveraged finance, loan syndications or related roles. You will be proficient in financial / credit analysis and financial modelling. You will also be proactive in managing competing tasks and deadlines, work well with both internal and external stakeholders of varying levels and possess strong attention to detail. KEY BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS
- Regional coverage
- Investment banking teams
- Credit / risk
Job Family Group:
- Primarily Corporate clients
- Financial institutions and government clients
- Banks and Institutional debt investors
- Legal counsel / auditors
Institutional Banking Job Family:
Investment Banking Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting