Advisory Services Associate (Structured finance)
Job Description The Associate will be responsible for performing configuration, customization and documentation related work for Moody's Analytics Issuer Solutions ("MA Issuer Solutions") products. Involved in financial modeling, analytics, collateral stratification analysis and technology infrastructure. Conducts research to study the intricate business of securitization. An Associate is required to closely work with clients and MA professionals while reading offering documents and converting detailed written 'payment priorities' into financial models using our proprietary software applications. The role also includes providing support to existing MA Issuer Solutions clients. The Role / Responsibilities:
- Work in conjunction with other members of the MA Issuer Solution implementation team to implement and configure ABS Suite Plus products.
- Theoretical understanding of advanced financial concepts, swap payments, reconciliations, caps, floors.
- Participation in the creation cashflow modelling for structured finance.
- Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement securitization products and services.
- In conjunction with other team members, participate in client meetings and due diligence sessions with responsibility to document business requirements.
- Provide input on client requirements to senior team member as well as the product management team.
- Developing and building reports using Crystal Reports, SSRS, JasperReports.
- Develop business requirements, design and execute SQL queries, and test solutions to ensure they meet client requirements.
- Support clients by answering business related questions with the applications.
- Assist the team on technical presentations and travel as needed to client sites for on-site visits.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree with emphasis in finance, economics, accounting, math, computer science or related quantitative field.
- 1-3 years of exposure to banking, credit and/or financial industry.
- Background in structured finance, preferably on the issuer side (mortgages, auto loans, servicing loans, originating loans, and/or securitization of loans).
- Strong quantitative skills and ability to translate analysis into actionable tasks.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Working knowledge of RDBMS (Relational Database Management Systems) concepts.
- Basic knowledge of SSRS, Crystal Reports or JasperReports experience is a plus.
- Some coding experience (for example: SQL queries, VBA, Python).
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage ambiguity.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team with professionals at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- 10% travel required.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.