- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Citi Australia
- 24 Sep 17
Acquisition & Portfolio Modeller
Acquisition & Portfolio Modeller
- Primary Location: Australia,New South Wales,Sydney
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Decision Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 17057250
As part of one of the world's largest financial services companies with a presence in more than 100 countries, Citi Australia has provided financial services to Australian consumers, corporates, institutions and governments for more than 30 years. Recognised for its innovative range of global products and services, Citi today counts more than one million Australians and one thousand local corporate and institutional clients as valued customers.
The Acquisition and Portfolio Modeller role is critical in providing insight, intelligence and strategic influence to the business across all banking products (Credit Cards, Consumer Lending, Deposits, Investments, Mortgages and Insurance) . This role will be a key driver for the business to meet the organisation's short-term and long-term acquisition, portfolio health and financial objectives.
The position holder will optimize all leads, offers, and propositions available; flexing the proposition appropriately to increase relevance to the customer (from available product benefits, incentives and associated risk) .
The Acquisition and Portfolio Modeller will play a leadership role in driving strategic initiatives to meet business objectives.
The Acquisition and Portfolio Modeller will be responsible for building profit models, predictive models, segmentation etc. that help assess the feasibility of acquisition/ portfolio offer in meeting the revenue, expense and risk hurdles before taking an offer to the market.
The Acquisition and Portfolio Modeller will optimize the profitability of each customer by developing the dialogue for early engagement, deepening and retaining customers; driving channel migration and pricing the customer interaction by channel.
The scope of this role would be segment, product and channel agnostic
Scope of activities will encompass but not limited to the following:
- Be a change agent in providing insights and recommendations to meet acquisition and portfolio financial objectives
- Identify the opportunities for New to Bank/ New to Product acquisitions
- Early and portfolio activations to improve the health of the portfolio
- Offer right price to the right customer - Customer & Product level pricing
- Increasing the breadth and depth of customer relationship with the bank - cross-sell / up-sell models, segmentation etc.
- Portfolio Management to enhance spends and relevance of offers
- Pre-emptive customer retention
- Modelling the win-back initiatives
- Understand business' needs and convert business problems into analytical problems and devise elegant solutions for effective implementation
- The position holder should be able to work both at a conceptual level and equally comfortable with details
- Design, build and modify Profit Models based on historical trends and implement relevant forecasted performance metrics across all acquisition channels
- Recalibrate/ redevelop the models as and when needed
- Develop guardrails and track the performance of the models on an ongoing basis
- Measure the financial performance of previous acquisition campaigns, price testing and forecasting performance on current and future campaigns
- Create Performance curves for all products, populations and segments where required
- Responsible for developing rigorous statistical models and segmentation solutions to predict the customer behaviour for respective portfolio actions
- Design and develop financial reporting for key business stakeholders (Quarterly/Annual updates - Presentations)
- Responsible to create state of the art documentation process right from scoping out the business problem to analytical solution to implementation process.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders across Product Marketing, Product Development, Finance, Risk and within DM teams for effective implementation of analytical solutions
- Coordinate with remote analytics team from time to time to drive analytics agenda as and when required
- Identify new opportunities to model/ segment customer behaviour that add bottom-line financial/ customer experience benefits to the Bank
- Determine and communicate the financial benefits from the model in a business language to the key stakeholders
- A degree in Business/ Finance/ Commerce/ Econometrics/ Mathematics/ Statistics or any other quantitative discipline
- At least 10+ years analytics experience in financial services, banking or insurance
- Prior work experience in building Predictive Models, Segmentation, Answer Tree algorithms (CHAID/ CART), ANOVA, Discriminant analysis etc
- Prior work experience in handling high volume databases in a data warehouse and also exposure to big data platforms and environment
- Prior work experience on SAS, R, Python, Datameer and Qlik/ Tableau are required . Experience in using SAS Enterprise Miner will be an added advantage
- Exposure to DMP, Omniture Sitecatalyst will be an added advantage
- High levels of competency in Excel and Access. Excel VBA is an added advantage
- Experience and knowledge on credit cards and consumer lending is a plus
When you work at Citi, you'll be working for an organisation that truly has a global footprint and a powerful network that spans the globe. We celebrate individual ingenuity and leverage the diversity of our people in order to drive high performance. Through dedicated support, training and resources, we promote our talent and future leaders to bring about lasting and positive impact. Citi continues to be an Employer of Choice for Women and supports a flexible work environment.