Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
We are seeking an experienced Account Manager to support the business development and relationship management needs of our key strategic relationships in Australia and New Zealand. This individual will act as a partner to the Relationship Managers across a number of our large clients and prospects, including managing existing relationships as well as formulating and executing strategic engagement plans to generate new business opportunities. To fulfill these responsibilities, the Account Manager works in partnership with investment, client services, marketing, legal, operations, and other professionals at Wellington Management to identify client issues and effect solutions, and to develop and maintain client trust, confidence, and overall satisfaction with the firm's services. The role will be based in Sydney. THE ROLE
The role of the Account Manager is a hybrid role across client account management and business development. The ideal candidate would:
- Act as an effective investment representative of the firm and point of contact for a range of prospects & clients, plus support new business development for a range of prospects
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the institutional (primarily superannuation) market in Australia and New Zealand.
- Demonstrate knowledge regarding capital markets and investment management capabilities across global equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternative solutions;
- Contribute to the development of business strategy and client engagement plans
- Collaborate with other functional areas to address prospect issues, concerns, and opportunities
- Educate and consult with internal colleagues, clients and consultants on the markets, complex portfolios, and potential client solutions
- Differentiate and position strategies relative to competitors
- Provide direction and mentorship to Relationship Analysts on client and prospect-related and other matters; proactively seek to involve the Relationship Analysts in external activity and generally contribute to their professional development
- Generally contribute to the management of the business, by participating in projects, working groups, and informal groups, and initiating consideration of issues germane to one's role and function
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- 5 -10 years of relevant experience, ideally with demonstrable experience in the Australian superannuation market
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- A passion for relationship management and business development within financial services
- A keen interest in financial markets
- Strong academic credentials and/or professional qualification (e.g. MBA/CFA viewed favorably but not required)
- Ability to be a team player who works well in a small group, able to collaborate well in a fast-paced environment where priorities change frequently and responsibilities are shared interchangeably among team members.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships across the firm to best bring the resources of our firm to bear on specific client problems.
- Initiative, creativity, persistence, and consultative selling skills will be important in this role.
- Willingness to travel
Account Manager LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .