AWS Finance Manager ANZ Public Sector
Amazon seeks a Finance Manager to support the AWS Public Sector Sales group in Australia and New Zealand (ANZ). The AWS Public Sector team is paving the way for innovation and supporting world-changing projects in government, education and nonprofit organizations.
The successful candidate will help drive the growth of the ANZ Public Sector business by providing financial stewardship and analytical insights into key financial and operational performance metrics. This position on the Public Sector Finance team will focus on managing financial rhythms of the business including:
• Headcount and budget controllership
• Annual operating plan and regular forecast process
• Month-end-close reporting and variance analysis
• Analytical support for senior management.
On the AWS Finance team you will be surrounded by people who are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and who believe world class support is critical to customer success. We take working hard, having fun, and making history seriously.
This role requires a self-starter with a strong financial modeling background, advanced Excel abilities, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations, and project management skills.
Key Responsibilities include: •
Build out and enhance P&L models for Public Sector, develop business insights and KPI dashboards, and lead ad hoc analyses.
• Partner with Public Sector business development and sales management leadership team to develop a strategic roadmap for pricing and revenue growth
• Create, maintain and improve profitability and productivity management reporting.
• Drive the financial planning / budgeting process for the APJ Public Sector team.
• Analyze new business ideas, make analytical judgments, and provide data intensive analyses to drive meaningful change.
• Build and enhance financial models used to forecast and report the company's revenue and other key business metrics.
• Compile and review financial results and operational plans and communicate results to company leaders.
• Lead key analytical projects that assist and influence the business.
This role will be based in Sydney BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum 10 years of finance experience, or master's degree and 8 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• BA/BS degree in finance, business, economics, or a related field
• 6+ years of relevant finance experience with increasing levels of responsibility
• Excellent analytical skills, a passion for metrics and figures, and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• An MBA or MS in Finance, Economics, or a related field
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast paced and rapidly-changing environment
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
• Demonstrated ability to influence decisions through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning and the presentation of alternatives
• Strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skills
• Exceptional business judgement capable of driving a diverse organization to the right results with a focused, pragmatic approach
• Experience with Essbase, Cognos, TM1, and Oracle Financials or similar tool
• Intimate knowledge of Tableau, PowerBI or other big data reporting software
• Strong Excel skills with the ability to write Redshift, SQL or other programming languages
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.