AWS Finance Manager
Do you have a passion for partnering with operations to drive strategic business decisions? Do you enjoy working across functions to develop recommendations based operational performance, regional dynamics, and macro-economic trends? Do you enjoy having a seat at the table for all matters that impact your business? If so, this is the role for you!
AWS Data Center Planning and Delivery seeks a results-oriented, process-focused Finance Manager to partner with the Power and Cooling Procurement and Supply Chain organization to deliver data center capacity for our customers on-time, and on budget. The successful candidate will work closely with a variety of stakeholders across functions (procurement, supply chain, construction, engineering, program managers, product managers, business intelligence, other finance teams) to drive projects and initiatives where they can demonstrate their sound judgment, and bias for action. This role requires a thought leader who can leverage their analytical skills and attention to detail to drive high quality and robust decisions with favorable business outcomes. This role also has regular interaction with senior business partners, therefore, requires strong interpersonal and communication (written/verbal) skills.
• Establish annual/monthly performance targets, analyze variances to plan, and communicate key messages to senior leadership.
• Become subject matter expert for data center electrical and mechanical equipment including cost drivers, supplier strategy, and end to end processes and procedures.
• Pinpoint defects or waste in processes, and drive new processes and automation to eliminate the defects and prevent them from recurring.
• Identify and lead cost savings initiatives.
• Partner with business to create and execute sourcing and supply management strategies.
• Lead cross team and cross functional projects including setting milestones and ensuring timelines are met as planned.
• Participate in supplier contract drafting, proactively identifying and removing business and controllership risk. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 8+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Math, and Computer Science).
• Minimum 8 years of experience in finance, OR master's degree and 5 years of experience. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MBA preferred
• Advanced analytical skills
• Able to work well with cross functional teams
• Comfortable with ambiguity and demonstrated ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast paced and rapidly-changing environment
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Essbase and/or Cognos) and other financial systems such (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.