AVP, Account Services Operations Head, Australia & New Zealand
The core functions performed include;
- The role demands a high level of diligence, motivation and organizational skills. You will focus on timely and accurate delivery of all account opening and maintenance functions, as well as delivering superior customer services and resolving customer issues to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Day to day management of the Asia Account Opening and Maintenance processing, including daily management of in-process, pended, and regional service related activities, ensuring the country account opening requirements are clearly defined to support ALL scenarios of account opening and maintenance requirements, and delivery of very high quality service to customers and internal partners.
- Responsibility for various types of project management in the account services space, and managing cross-functional relationships with all countries and the regional team in Asia.
- Determines new work procedures, analyses complex and variable issues with significant departmental impact.
- Establish and maintain close working relationship with offshore partners, continue to improve client experience and reduce manual touch points
- Ability to execute and exceed both internal and customer expectations in a team-oriented Operations environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate well and converse fluently when interacting with clients.
- Strong attention to detail is required to ensure the data privacy of our client information
- Support the planning and hire of right set of people, train, guide, coach, develop and appraise and reward people based on meritocracy.
- Support the motivation of staffs through constant interaction with the team. Lead by example. Be a team player.
- Encourage cross-functional training for staff to enrich their skill base.
- Optimize offshore teams to achieve higher productivity levels.
- Identify and develop high performers for next level jobs/mid management positions
- Manage performance of the team including day-to-day operational tasks
- Delivery of Service Level Agreements at all times, ensuring service quality is maintained to deliver superior customer service
Client Engagement model
Ensure team delivers as per Service Level Agreement. Timely and accurately Understand client requirements and implement them correctly. Understand new customer requirements and ensure adequate support to new customer requirements and initiatives. Monitor customer satisfaction and service level and drive process changes. Provide innovative solutions to clients.
Risk and Control
- Ensure a strong and robust processing environment with effective controls.
- Establish risk management practice
- Maintain a strong culture of risk and controls in the team through various processes and check points.
- Identify means to reduce transaction defects (internal and external)
- Develop performance metrics to track defects, productivity.
- Ensure clean Audit results.
- Ensure awareness and full compliance of Account services unit process, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures, and practices
- Ensure that team members perform the roles of Maker and Checker independently with great attention to detail
- Adhere to internal policies to ensure compliance with legal parameters as well as company policies and procedures are maintained and executed correctly
Knowledge and Experience
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 5+ years banking operations experience which should include managing / interaction with a team.
- Knowledge of legal or compliance experience would have a strong advantage.
- Corporate knowledge account opening / maintenance requirements
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including strong MS office product suite experience.
- Strong exposure to operations controls, defining, implementing, calibrating, and reporting on controls.
- Degree holder, post graduate degree would be an added advantage.
- Documentation and legal background would be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of operations processes in financial services
- Customer communication experience would be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Good interpersonal communication skills. Able to communicate with internal and external business partners.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - English Language
- Strong Project management skill including financial cost management skill
- Strong execution skills in a multi-tasking mode
- Exposure to technology and handling of system, testing and rollouts.
- Ability to achieve business objectives without compromising on controls and risk parameters established
- Ability to interact confidently with senior management and / or regulators
- Ability to coach and develop people, identifying and retaining talent.
- Able to partner with businesses and other support functions at senior levels in setting strategy and priorities
- Able to strive under pressure and covert opportunity from risk
- Should be open to working staggered hour /shift / over weekend and on public holidays.
- To ensure excellent rapport with internal stakeholders including peers and seniors and duly provide inputs to the team and ensure timely resolution of all issues, wherever there are business risks and the issues need to get addressed such cases should be raised to the senior's forum for appropriate action and advice.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - AU
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .