APAC Lead - Public Relations
In Asia Pacific (APAC), Cognizant has strong presence in key growth markets like Australia, Singapore, India, Japan, China, Hong Kong, UAE, Saudi Arabia, etc. It has grown rapidly in these regions and is now poised for exponential growth. We are now seeking leaders with a trail blazing track record of growth to fuel this growth story. Your passion, integrity and experience are integral to Cognizant's success. We take pride in our partnership with our clients, so your ability to add value and provide exceptional service to our clients are fundamental to your success. In return, you will be empowered with opportunities and support to develop your career and collaborate with people focused on innovation and ideas.
Cognizant is fully committed to being an inclusive workplace across Asia Pacific. In 2020, Cognizant has been ranked #19 on Forbes List as one of the "World's Best Employers". We have also been recognized as "Top Employer of Choice for 2021" across 17 countries worldwide. We are committed to growth and adding value to everyone's life. Come and be part of a dynamic Leadership team and be a Game changer! THE OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for a senior communications professional to lead external communications for the company across the APAC region.
As an ideal candidate, you must have a seasoned media relations background with experience running communications programs across the APAC region for a multinational company. You are a skilled storyteller with strong media relationships; thrive in a fast-paced, matrixed environment; excel at collaborating across cultures, time zones, and marketing fuctions, and can deliver results that move the needle on brand awareness. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 8 years experience of fast-paced media relations experience in a dynamic environment, ideally possessing some high tech industry experience.
- A demonstrated history of developing regional communications plans that use various communications platforms and aligns with business and/or campaign objectives.
- In-house and/or agency experience; must have a strong business orientation and ability to work collaboratively with the regional business leadership team and global colleagues.
Lastly, the successful candidate needs to:
- Have a "campaign mindset" - always thinks proactively to advance the Cognizant story.
- Can pivot among owned, earned, paid and placed media tactics to the benefit of the Cognizant brand
- Have a strong hands-on work ethic.
- Thrive in the execution of all these tasks.
- Be a collaborative leader who breaks silos to create alignment; and problem solves on deadline