AMAZON Web Services - Data Centre Technician
Are you excited about Server Hardware, Linux Technology, Network Technology and want to work in the Largest Cloud Data Centres in the World?
If so, we want to meet you and to help grow your technical skills!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers an exciting, dynamic and challenging environment encouraging creativity and personal development while maintaining AWS computing environments in a secure, scalable, and cost-effective manner.
At Amazon, career progression is part of our environment. We want you to progress so come and work for the world's most Customer Centric Company.
Data Center Operations designs, installs & maintains the world's largest Cloud Computing Infrastructure. We are looking for Data Centre Operations Cadets into our technical Data Centre Technician teams. Our scope of work includes Linux systems troubleshooting, repairing servers with hardware, dealing with network issues, handling and tracking parts and assisting in Data Centre maintenance. You will be excited to work effectively with minimum supervision and handle multiple priorities. Amazon Data Centres are large-scale high-density centres where you will be working on changing the face of Cloud Technology in the region.
We are looking for candidates to commit to 6-month contracts and we are committed to provide coaching and periodic assessments to help develop your skills. If successful after the 6-month period you have an opportunity to be interviewed to join the Amazon family full time. You will be exposed to the world's largest cloud computing infrastructure. The role involves some periods working remotely and independently from your team and requires the ability to drive change while maintaining excellent communication. Basic Qualifications
There is never a dull moment as each day presents itself with different challenges. Some of the key responsibilities you will undertake are:
• Perform hardware diagnostics and troubleshoot all Systems hardware and Network related problems
• Perform basic level Linux OS troubleshooting
• Perform basic level Network configuration troubleshooting
• Perform replacement of internal and external hardware parts of Servers and Network devices
• Perform storage media (HDD, SSD etc.) sanitization and destruction tasks
• Maintain a high level of system reliability by prioritizing resolution of trouble tickets efficiently
• Work with multiple internal teams (DC operations, DC Engineering, Logistics, Security, Projects etc.) and be a good team player
• Work with external & 3rd party vendors/contractors to achieve organization needs
• Adhere to DC operations, Logistics, Security and Safety related processes and guidelines
• Practice and enforce Amazons Security and Safety best practices
• Share ideas and contribute in projects to improve DC work environment and to improve DC operational efficiencies
• Participate, lead and deliver small to mid-scale projects including Data Centre rollout
• Understand operational metrics and drive actions to achieve the targets.
Employment for all candidates is contingent upon passing a background check. Some travel may be required within Sydney.
This position also has a physical component requiring the ability to lift rack equipment up to 20kg; it may require working in cramped spaces or in elevated locations while adhering to health & safety guidelines. Preferred Qualifications
• A degree or diploma at University or TAFE would be preferred
You should not wait any longer and apply now!