2022 Graduate DevOps Support Engineer
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Graduate DevOps Support Engineer, you will work in an agile, collaborative environment to build, deploy, configure and maintain systems for the IBM client business. In this role, you will lead the problem resolution process for our clients, from analysis and troubleshooting, to deploying workarounds or fixes. Working closely with our worldwide teams, you will have a unique opportunity to gain first-hand experience with the latest technologies and be supported by a global team of IBMers to grow your own technical skills and kickstart your career. This role may require some attention after normal working hours in order to troubleshoot and resolve production issues experienced by clients.
As a Graduate Support Engineer, you will:
- Be the point of contact for clients, responsible for the management and ownership of client service requests
- Identify and investigate issues, using troubleshooting techniques in order to provide advice and guidance to clients
- Work in a global team, collaborating with IBMers in different countries to share recommendations, solutions and ideas
- Look for enhancements and innovative solutions to help the services scale and improve existing technical support tools, procedures, or processes.
- Develop and enhance your technical knowledge via on the job training, as well as through IBM's world class learning platform
- Be mentored by industry leading professionals, who will be investing in your training and development
What skills and attributes do I need to be successful in this role?
- At IBM we are interested in people who have a passion for technology. For this role, candidates pursuing studies in the following areas would be well-aligned: Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, other degrees with a technical focus.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an emphasis on written, verbal and listening communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, as well as working independently when required.
- Technical experience - exposure to or knowledge of databases (SQL, DB2, Oracle). Linux knowledge (even only if at the educational level) is desirable.
- Experience in any of the following is desirable (but not mandatory - training will be provided for the right candidate):
- Programming languages and scripting eg. Python, Go, Bash
- Working knowledge of code repositories such as Github
- Knowledge of IaaS concepts and operation (eg IBM Cloud, AWS)
- Familiarly with Maximo and/or TRIRIGA
- Experience with CRM software
We encourage you to apply if you:
- Are in your final year of tertiary education OR have graduated from an Australian University no earlier than 2020,
- Have less than 2 years relevant full-time work experience,
- Maintain a credit average, and
- Are an Australian Citizen.
Don't wait to apply, we recruit on a rolling basis.
IBM welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. If you require accommodations or adjustments, we encourage you to make us aware so that we can support you through the application process.
Our process includes Talent Acquisition reviewing applications, selecting candidates to complete online cognitive assessments (invitation received via email), then shortlisting candidates to complete the interview process.
It is helpful if you upload your CV, Academic Transcript (unofficial is acceptable) and Right-To-Work documents (Australian Passport or Birth Certificate/Photo ID) Sign me up!
If you are ready to begin an amazing career journey with click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise