2022 DevOps Support Engineer Internship
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Cloud Delivery Services (CDS) team are on the search for a DevOps Support Engineer (Intern), who is keen to gain experience in a fast paced technical and client focused environment. In this role, you will support the CDS team to ensure our clients are supported by reviewing, assigning and problem solving service requests. Interns will have a unique opportunity to gain first-hand experience with the latest technologies and be supported by a global team of IBMers to grow your own technical skills and kickstart your career. This role may require some attention after normal working hours in order to troubleshoot and resolve production issues experienced by clients.
As an Intern in the CDS team, you will:
- Identify and investigate issues, using troubleshooting techniques in order to provide advice and guidance to clients
- Create and maintain documented support processes and procedures, while looking for ways to improve and innovate.
- Assist the CDS team in moving customer systems from traditional virtual servers to a more modern containerised Kubernetes based environment.
- Develop and enhance your technical knowledge via on the job training, as well as through IBM's world class learning platform
- Be mentored by industry leading professionals, who will be investing in your training and development
What skills and attributes do I need to be successful in this role?
- At IBM we are interested in people who have a passion for technology. For this role, candidates pursuing studies in the following areas would be well-aligned: Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, other degrees with a technical focus.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an emphasis on written, verbal and listening communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, as well as working independently when required.
- Experience in any of the following is desirable (but not mandatory - training will be provided for the right candidate):
- Programming languages and scripting eg. Python, Go, Bash
- Working knowledge of code repositories such as Github
- Knowledge of IaaS concepts and operation (eg IBM Cloud, AWS)
- Some knowledge of databases (SQL, DB2)
- Experience with CRM software would be an asset
- Familiarity with Linux operating system would be an asset
This is a full-time internship over 12months, commencing early Feb 2022.
We encourage you to apply if you:
- Are currently enrolled in a tertiary degree at a University in Australia/ New Zealand (for the duration of the Internship Program)
- Have less than 2 years relevant full-time work experience,
- Maintain a credit average, and
- Are an Australian Citizen.
Don't wait to apply, we recruit on a rolling basis.
IBM welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. If you require accommodations or adjustments, we encourage you to make us aware so that we can support you through the application process.
Our process includes Talent Acquisition reviewing applications, selecting candidates to complete online cognitive assessments (invitation received via email), then shortlisting candidates to complete the interview process.
It is helpful if you upload your CV, Academic Transcript (unofficial is acceptable) and Right-To-Work documents (Australian Passport or Birth Certificate/Photo ID) Sign me up!
If you are ready to begin an amazing career journey with click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise