2021 IBM WIN Centre Design Intern - Sydney
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are the trusted partner for Australia and New Zealand's businesses and governments as they reinvent using the cloud, AI, and blockchain within a secure environment. Our clients succeed because of our world-leading researchers, engineers, and designers and our deep industry expertise. We celebrate our diversity and unite in our passion for IBM. We are #anewIBM
Since the beginning of time, humans have told stories to disseminate information and insight between our tribes no matter the format. So why not continue this today and beyond. IBM's WINCentres aim is to enhance our proposal delivery. Providing coaching, visual artifacts, and support on delivering consumable and well-executed stories, materials, and experiences for all of our clients. The WINCentre works across all lines of business and industry teams within our Global Business Services (GBS) business unit to produce quality proposals and materials showcasing the best of IBM.
What will I be doing?
• Working with our team to craft creative deliverables, including printed materials, interactive demonstrations, and presentations.
• Create materials and communications for our internal teams marketing
• Templating your work for IBMers to use for future similar deals, assisting the business to have greater speed to market.
• Helping to 'innovate' our sales approaches by moving away from PowerPoint presentations to more interactive presentations, videos, demos, etc.
• Work with and get mentoring from our most senior A/NZ leadership team
• Embedded in a small team of designers who will help mentor and guide you on your WINning journey and first step in your career.
What skills and experience will I need?
- We're looking for a creative student with a passion for design. Degrees in Design, Marketing, Media or Communication are highly preferred.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, or similar.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Highly organised, with the ability to work to multiple deadlines and priorities. Enthusiastic, curious, and creative thinker who is willing to challenge the status quo.
We encourage you to apply if you:
- Are currently enrolled in a tertiary degree at a University in Australia/ New Zealand (for the duration of the Internship Program)
- Have less than 2 years relevant full-time work experience,
- Maintain a credit average, and
- Are you an Australian/New Zealand Citizen or PR holder.
IBM welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. If you require accommodations or adjustments, we encourage you to make us aware so that we can support you through the application process.
Our process includes Talent Acquisition reviewing applications, selecting candidates to complete online cognitive assessments (invitation received via email), then shortlisting candidates to complete the interview process.
It is helpful if you upload your CV, Academic Transcript (unofficial is acceptable), and Right-To-Work documents (Australian Passport or Birth Certificate/Photo ID).
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- As Above
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- As Above