Investor Relations Officer
- Perth, Western Australia, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 05 Oct 18
The Investor Relations Officer will be responsible for coordinating market facing interactions, development and delivery of corporate presentations, engaging with sell side and buy side market participants as well as collaboration with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders to facilitate effective messaging of IGO’s corporate profile.
IGO is a fast growing, mid-tier Australian mining company with big aspirations. Our 100% owned Nova Operation in the Fraser Range is a world class asset producing nickel, copper and cobalt – commodities that are significant in the world’s drive for clean energy. IGO is also a 30% JV partner in the Tropicana Gold Mine one of Australia’s most significant gold mines that commenced production in 2013 and through exploration success still has a 10 year mine life ahead.
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are investing in training and development to create empowered employees. Together with a working environment where people are bold, passionate, fearless and fun we are building a smarter, kinder, more innovative company. We believe in a world where people power makes amazing things happen and we are here to make a difference!
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
IGO is seeking to recruit an Investor Relations Officer to expand our Corporate Development team. Reporting to the Head of Corporate Development, this is a permanent full-time position based in Perth. The Investor Relations Officer will be responsible for coordinating market facing interactions, development and delivery of corporate presentations, engaging with sell side and buy side market participants as well as collaboration with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders to facilitate effective messaging of IGO’s corporate profile.
Key accountabilities for this role would include:
· Preparation of CEO and equivalent corporate presentations;
· Collation and analysis of sell side research;
· Plan and coordinate attendance at industry conferences, investor roadshows and company events including production of marketing materials;
· Manage investor meeting schedules, collate databases of one/one meeting interactions and interrogate meeting information into IGO’s IR platform;
· Target future marketing campaigns and activities based on market analytics, sell side feedback and broad market knowledge and experience;
· Assist and develop scripts for webcast calls, presentations and associated Q&A to support presenters;
· Independently interact with research analysts, shareholders and advisors as required; and
· Measure, interpret and communicate the impact and effectiveness of market interactions.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
· Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and experience in an IR role, preferably in the mining sector;
· Initiative, self-motivation and a genuine ability to work individually and as part of a team;
· High levels of competency using excel, powerpoint and word in a professional environment;
· A passion for market analysis and creative presentation development;
· The ability to work to strict deadlines and a strong attention to detail;
· The demonstrated ability to interact with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders; and Knowledge and understanding of sell side research, equity markets, corporate governance and institutional and retail investor trends.