Business Development Analyst
- Perth, Western Australia, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 05 Oct 18
The Business Development Analyst will be responsible for financial and valuation analysis of resource sector assets, screening of acquisition, divestment and investment opportunities as well as detailed industry analysis including benchmarking, trading and transaction comparables analysis, review of technical studies and preparation of internal and external presentations and documentation.
IGO is a fast growing, mid-tier Australian mining company with big aspirations. Our 100% owned Nova Operation in the Fraser Range is a world class asset producing nickel, copper and cobalt – commodities that are significant in the world’s drive for clean energy. IGO is also a 30% JV partner in the Tropicana Gold Mine one of Australia’s most significant gold mines that commenced production in 2013 and through exploration success still has a 10 year mine life ahead.
At IGO, our people are important to us. We are investing in training and development to create empowered employees. Together with a working environment where people are bold, passionate, fearless and fun we are building a smarter, kinder, more innovative company. We believe in a world where people power makes amazing things happen and we are here to make a difference!
OUR CAREER OPPORTUNITY
IGO is seeking to recruit a Business Development Analyst to expand our Corporate Development team. Reporting to the Senior Business Analyst, this is a permanent full-time position based in Perth. The Business Development Analyst will be responsible for financial and valuation analysis of resource sector assets, screening of acquisition, divestment and investment opportunities as well as detailed industry analysis including benchmarking, trading and transaction comparables analysis, review of technical studies and preparation of internal and external presentations and documentation.
Key accountabilities for this role would include:
· Financial modelling including DCF valuations, merger modelling, funding and returns analysis;
· Construction, maintenance and interpretation of datasets/databases covering a range of technical, operational and financial metrics;
· Economic evaluation of resource sector assets ranging from undeveloped projects to corporate entities;
· Bespoke financial and operational analysis on opportunities as required by senior management; and
· Creation of presentations, reports and other documents for internal and external use.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
· Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and experience in a professional services firm covering the mining sector or in a similar role with a mining or energy company;
· An analytical and critical thinking mindset and passion for data-driven decision making;
· Initiative, self-motivation and a genuine ability to work individually and as part of a team;
· High levels of competency using excel, powerpoint and word in a professional environment;
· The ability to work to strict deadlines and a strong attention to detail; and M&A experience in the resources sector and formal modelling training would be desirable.