Associate - Estate Planning Lawyer, Perth
- Take control of your learning with our personalised L&D platform
- Variety of work and career development opportunities
- Choose a career that connects you globally on a daily basis
https://www.ey.com/au/transformativeage The Opportunity
Norton & Smailes joined forces with EY Law in early 2016 which has allowed the practice to cement their position as a market leader in Perth. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join this exceptional practice as an Estate Planning specialist and to be involved in the growth and development of the practise. Join our team of high performing individuals and see where a career with EY Law can take you today. Your Key Responsibilities
Skills and Attributes for Success:
- Prepare and review range of legal documentation for a portfolio of high net worth clients; including Wills, Enduring Powers of Attorney and Guardianship and trust structures
- Advise clients in all aspects of estate planning; including business succession planning, Trusts and Asset protection, probate and estate administration
- Work closely with EY's Private Client Services group, assisting clients with tax advice in connection with their estate planning, including Superannuation matters
- Maintain strong relationships with existing clients and internal stakeholders, and look to build relationships with new clients
Ideally, you'll also have:
- A minimum of 4+ years PAE in providing a range of Estate Planning advice to high net worth individuals in Australia
- Strong experience in drafting a variety of legal documentation with exceptional attention to detail
- Knowledge of tax matters in relation to Estate planning, ideally with some experience in providing high level tax advice to high net worth clients
- Excellent client facing skills with the ability to build effective internal and external relationships
Who are EY Law?
- Experience in an Australian top-tier, mid-tier, boutique employment law firm or Big 4 legal practice
- A detailed understanding and demonstrative knowledge of Australian law
We are part of the expanding EY legal network which is an international law firm with offices in the Asia-Pacific region, Europe, the Middle East and the Americas. EY Law has a truly global footprint, comprising over 2200 lawyers across 80 countries. Whether acting for a client in a single legal capacity or as part of a formal multi-service EY engagement, our direct access to EY's international network ensures clients receive an efficient, streamlined and cost-effective service.
We work closely with our assurance , tax , transaction and advisory colleagues, we draw on extensive experience beyond the borders of law to provide multidisciplinary services. Our Law network brings together legal specialists around the world, and is continuing to grow at a rapid rate. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Learn more about EY Law here What working at EY offers
Who we are
- Formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times - https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
- Career and learning development e.g. EY badges ( https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges ), career mentoring
- An extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer ( https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion ) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or +61 1800 017 666.
Make your mark. Apply Now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third-party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.