Senior Accountant, Assurance
Line of Service
Asset and Wealth Management Specialism
Assurance Management Level
Senior Associate Job Description & Summary
- Flexible work options - work smarter in a way that suits your lifestyle
- Work with leading ASX clients
- Enjoy all that Newcastle has to offer and work just minutes from the beach
PwC's Assurance practice provides assurance on the financial performance and operations of our clients' businesses and is the world's leading practice of its kind. Our audit clients include almost half of the FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 and many of the top ASX listed companies. The Opportunity
At PwC, we help Australian businesses, not-for-profits and governments create value and improve the way they work. From improving healthcare, to creating smarter cities and igniting Australia's start up industry, you'll build trust in society and solve important problems. As the Senior Accountant your impact will be seen by working closely with Managers and Directors to help our clients gain an understanding of commercial issues facing their business, alongside the delivery of the audit. Success does stem from a positive attitude, hard work and going the extra mile, but that's not all!
- Have the opportunity to work on large audit engagements, including global entities and those listed on the ASX
- Lead teams in the delivery of the audit process
- Be part of a market leading audit practice
- Act as a mentor and leader to staff and help them with their career growth
- Have genuine ability to engage and influence client conversations
- Have a positive "can do" attitude to challenges and the agility to multitask effectively across competing priorities
The brief is simple..
You have a solid background in external audit coupled with a demonstrated ability to research and provide advice to clients on issues faced in relation to reporting. As a Senior Accountant will will be passionate about all things audit/assurance and will be looking to share your expertise with a collaborative and high-performing team. You thrive in a collaborative and innovative culture and want to join a firm that values problem solvers, the kind of people who reimagine the possible for their clients and key stakeholders. Your colleagues can vouch that you:
- Act with integrity and show care for the people you work with
- Have exposure to all aspects of audit and statutory reporting
- Research and provide advice to clients on issues faced in relation to reporting and address client requests for assistance on a timely basis
- Have a sound knowledge of accounting standards, capable of auditing complex transactions but also have the ability to work with clients to solve their financial reporting issues
- An ability to demonstrate an understanding of commercial issues facing business and apply that understanding to your work
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skill
Sound like you? Read on... What we offer
Working for Australia's largest professional services firm you'll join a global network spanning 157 countries that delivers meaningful outcomes for a wide range of clients. Our culture and benefits are why we're LinkedIn's number one Australian workplace. With state of the art offices and premium technology, each person has access to flexible work options. The dress policy is flexible too - you choose what you wear based on the work you do with your team and clients. Fostering an inclusive culture and embracing differences is at the core of everything we do. PwC empowers you to be yourself and work with people from many backgrounds to achieve things never thought possible. Get involved in our employee-led diversity networks (cultural, disability, LGBTI or gender equality) and benefit from our best-in-class policies such as 18 weeks maternity/paternity leave, flexible work and gender equity. Up for a challenge? We're committed to helping our people unleash their potential. Hard work doesn't go unrewarded and industry best coaching, mentoring, training and development are ready and waiting. If you hold a genuine desire to make a difference and want to surround yourself with like-minded, talented and driven individuals who strive to do the same, apply now. PwC is committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Our Reconciliation Action Plan sets out our commitment to increase Indigenous employment. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians.
Alex Porter is the Recruitment Manager for the role. As the team experience high volumes of applications, we appreciate your patience to allow for a timely and fair process for all. We welcome the opportunity to speak to candidates about our value proposition and recognition and reward approach. The minimum full time salary for this role is $82,000 including 9.5% Superannuation, however will be determined based on the skills and experience that the candidate brings. #LI-PWCLMT Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
Not Specified Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
No Government Clearance Required?
No Job Posting End Date