Transaction Monitoring Analyst
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia's fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $500 million in funding. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG's Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact. The role:
Reporting to the TM Lead, this role will help to drive Australia's Transaction Monitoring operations and ensure Airwallex remains compliant with all regulatory obligations while helping current and future customers to have a seamless experience with Airwallex. We expect you to have strong attention to detail and a good understanding of AML/CTF related functions.
What you'll do
- Help to prevent money laundering, terrorism financing, and sanctions violations.
- Monitor Airwallex's AML/CTF rules for any suspicious or unusual transactions.
- Ensure any transaction alerts are reviewed and dealt with in a timely manner.
- File Suspicious Matter Reports (SMRs) with AUSTRAC when required.
- Conduct real time screening to ensure compliance with sanctions obligations.
- Ensure adherence to local and global compliance policies and procedures.
- Stay up-to-date with AML related news and regulatory developments.
What you'll bring
- Bachelor's Degree or enough experience that you don't need one.
- Proven track record of working in an AML/CTF investigations role within Australia.
- Understanding of Australian and international ML/TF typologies.
- Willingness to learn new.
- Compliance processes and develop skills at a fast pace.
- Proficient in use of MS outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience with SQL and data/trends analysis a big plus.
- Experience in FinTech or start-up experience is strongly preferred.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.