Technology Enablement Consultant
You and your new role:
The Technology Enablement function backs the business stakeholders across the data-driven enterprise in executing One NAB Plan.
The Consultant role will be responsible for supporting the team and the enterprise stakeholders in driving informed business decisions by delivering a cloud-based end to end data-centric and engineering solutions on our next generation Big Data and Analytics platform. The role exists to support the Manager of Technology Enablement to lead the design and implementation of Big data engineering solutions, guide, challenge the status quo and introduce best practices in data engineering to the team and NAB stakeholders. Further responsibilities include:
Your skills and experience:
- Support the adoption of data engineering practice across the Enterprise, providing consulting advice and approach to transform legacy BI reporting and Analytics into true modern, self-servicing analytics.
- Thought technical leadership in support of the design and implementation of Big Data engineering solutions.
- Lead the design, build, and support of data artefacts consisting of robust, efficient and reliable custom and tool-based automated data pipelines (ELT/ETL) from diverse data sources from ingestion to insight-ready data marts for BI and data science/analytics consumption.
- Design and implement forward-engineered data models from business requirements and reverse-engineered data models from existing schemas and coded set.
- Support the data sourcing, data gathering and integration processes.
- Support the data team with design and performance optimisation.
- Contribute to the evolution of automated deployment and continuous integration/continuous delivery best practices within the team.
Your new team
- Solid experience, knowledge and skills in Data Engineering, BI/software development such as ELT/ETL, data extraction and manipulation in Data Lake/Data Warehouse environment.
- Proven experience in data modelling, analysis, and profiling.
- In-depth understanding of data engineering practices and big data technologies.
- Exposure to AWS technologies including EMR, Glue, Athena, Data Pipeline, Lambda, etc
- Ability to work with diverse data sources in different formats (structured, semi-structured and unstructured) including but not limited to CSV, XML, JSON, etc.
- Development and programming experience in SQL, and one or more of Bash/Shell scripting, Python (or PySpark), Java etc.
- Experience with Source code control - Git, GitHub, VSTS, TFS etc.
- Knowledge and exposure to Big Data technologies Hadoop stack such as HDFS, Hive, Impala, Spark etc, and cloud Big Data warehouses - RedShift, Snowflake etc.
- Experience with one or more ETL tools - Informatica BDM, Informatica PowerCenter, Talend etc.
- Experience with traditional data warehousing MSQSQL, Oracle, MySQL.
- Experience with Data visualisation using Tableau or Power BI is a plus.
This is a great opportunity to be part of the Technology Enablement team who will champion the design and implementation of Big data engineering solutions for the Insights team, building end-state models for cutting-edge and exciting projects and use cases, and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of end-to-end data delivery from designing to building best-in-class framework required to facilitate delivery. We're NAB
We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert. Advertised:
02 Dec 2019 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time