Technology Enablement Analyst
You and your new role:
The Technology Enablement function backs the business stakeholders across the data-driven enterprise in executing One NAB Plan.The Analyst role will be responsible for supporting the Technology Enablement team in delivering data engineering deliverables and services on our next generation Big Data and Analytics platform. The role exists to support the design and implementation of end to end Big Data delivery and introduce best practices in data engineering to NAB stakeholders.
Further responsibilities include:
Your skills and experience:
- Contribute to execution of building data engineering practice across the enterprise.
- Engage in the initial stages of business requirements by participating in data sourcing, data gathering and integration processes.
- Assist with the development of automated data pipelines according to design pattern/standard and data models in NAB approved software Erwin
- Assist in conforming data sources and models to Financial Services Data Modelling standard as well as providing technical and business metadata for diverse range of data sources.
- Assist in the writing and maintenance of process, technical, and business rules documentation.
- Provide DevOps support including but not limited to monitoring the health check of data pipelines, escalate performance degradation/issues to Consultant, investigate incidents through root cause analysis, perform light fixes to failing pipelines in conjunction with Consultant etc
- Aid the testing of data pipelines and participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure solid and accurate functionality prior to production deployment.
To be successful you will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills:
Your new team
- Knowledge and skills in Data Engineering, BI/software development such as ELT/ETL, data extraction and manipulation in Data Lake/Data Warehouse environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of data modelling principles and execution of a few models in practice.
- Experience in analysing and exploring data and identifying trends in historical data.
- Attention to detail, and experience in quality assurance (e.g peer-review) and best practices for testing.
- Understanding of the latest data engineering approaches and methodologies.
- Knowledge of SQL, and one or more of Bash/Shell scripting, Python (or PySpark), Java etc.
- Experience with traditional data warehousing MSQSQL, Oracle, MySQL.
- Exposure to AWS technologies including EMR, Glue, Athena, Data Pipeline, Lambda, etc
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies Hadoop stack such as HDFS, Hive, Impala, Spark etc, and cloud Big Data warehouse RedShift, Snowflake etc.
- Experience in working within an Agile environment.
This is a great opportunity to be part of the Technology Enablement team who will champion the design and implementation of Big data engineering solutions for the Insights team, building end-state models for cutting-edge and exciting projects and use cases, and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of end-to-end data delivery from designing to building best-in-class framework required to facilitate delivery. We're NAB
We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert. Advertised:
03 Dec 2019 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time