Technical Service Analyst
You and your new role:
As a Technical Service Analyst, you will support the management of Technical Services across all assets in the Data Services & Platform (Retail Banking, Business Banking and Shared Services) portfolio. This covers subject areas of financial management, technical services management, risk, service continuity and capacity management and project specific asset management functions.
Day to day, you will be responsible for:
Your skills and experience:
- Managing the Financial aspects of assets (e.g. Fixed Asset Register, Software Maintenance Register)
- Creating and maintaining technical service definition and SLA/OLA's in Service NAB
- Manage Disaster Recovery plans, Business continuity plans are current and valid
- Participate in projects from a consulting and Operational Readiness Review perspective
- Ensure capacity planning is performed and managed optimally
- Ensure risks are appropriately documents and reported, develop and execute mitigations plans
You will be an experienced Analyst in a related Technology discipline including experience in data warehousing with Oracle databases. Financial Services industry experience advantageous but not essential.
To be successful you will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience developing strategic outcomes
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Experience in managing technologies, associated risks and working in partnership with stakeholders
- Thought leadership, both business and technical
- Commercial acumen and strong sense of accountability
This is a fast paced, ever changing environment so you will need to be self-motivated, collaborative and a team player with the ability to adapt. Your new team
We know that life's about more than money. That's why we're so driven to do great things in the tech and digital space. We are rapidly building top-notch data and analytics platforms in the cloud, with a new culture and ways of working; adopting FinTech start-up mentality and financial innovation. We are working more agile than ever, so that we can deliver a great banking experience to our customers. We're NAB
We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert. Advertised:
24 Oct 2019 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time