Technical Product Manager
Who we are:
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally. In today's fast-changing digital era, our purpose is to empower businesses of all sizes to grow in their own markets and around the world, and by doing so, contribute to the global economy. With technology at our core, we built a proprietary global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay in any foreign currency across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. In just five years since we were founded, Airwallex has grown to become Australia's fastest-growing fintech unicorn and a well-funded international technology leader backed by world-leading investors. Our leadership, innovation and scale have been recognised and awarded by leading independent authorities, such as listing in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placing in the Top 50 of KPMG's Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking to expand our global teams with smart, driven and passionate individuals who are excited about joining our rocketship and taking on the challenge of a lifetime. Your role
As a Technical Product manager at Airwallex you will take ownership of communicating complex technology and engineering solutions into great customer outcomes. With several squads of work across different elements of our b2b business payments solution you will be responsible for ensuring that our engineering teams are working efficiently and effectively. Whether thats through optimising our delivery process frameworks, communicating with our engineers to prioritise and reprioritise engineering focus or through working closely with our risk and compliance teams to ensure our customer information is appropriately managed.
At Airwallex being agile is critical and an understanding of DevOps valuable. Although you will be on point for a specific stream of work day to day, there is plenty of opportunity to make a contributions outside of your core responsibilities.
How you will succeed
- You are detailed and have a technical background - in order to understand our customer (developers, product managers), it will be useful to have an in depth understanding of API and a concern for getting the details right
- You are focused on user experience - our goal is to achieve extensible, stable solutions which enhance the customer experience in relation payments and collections
- You are able to effectively communicate with internal stakeholders - it is important that you are able to build rapport, provide support and uncover existing pain points and future opportunities for improvement
- You are a doer - driving yourself in an autonomous way to deliver on the above is a key skill in any fintech
- You are collaborative - Working with Senior Management, Software Engineering and Compliance on product development during the analysis phase to assess value, usability and feasibility
- You are knowledgeable - Create user stories for new features or updates to existing features and owning knowledge of the product front-to-back to assist product managers in making clear decisions when required
- You are adaptable - you think on your feet and quickly make well-reasoned decisions with limited data
- You are a story teller - you excite peers and get everyone onboard with the product visions
- Previous experience working in fast paced delivery environments, with cross functional teams.
- Exceptional communication abilities, primarily focusing on translating between technical and non-technical audiences
- Previous experience as a backend engineer
- Strong understanding of APIs, web services, web development and payment gateways
- Able to make decisions by considering both long term product vision and short term growth requirement
- Experience in a hyper growth startup environment is a plus
- Experience with a financial product is a plus
If this sounds like something you would be keen to hear more about, hit apply.
Alternatively, we are always keen to hear from great people. If you would like a general conversation about who we are and the roles we have available, drop me an email - email@example.com
At Airwallex we like to ensure we create the best environment for our people providing a collaborative open office space, PlayStation and table tennis to unwind, a fully stocked kitchen which includes breakfast, snacks, fruit, beers, you name it! We also organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and offer learning and development opportunities. Most importantly, we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.