Tax Senior Principal, APAC Tax Controversy
Amazon is seeking a Senior Tax Principal to join our APAC Tax Controversy Team. The APAC Tax Controversy Team is directly responsible for audits in various tax jurisdictions across the Asia-Pacific region and is part of a team in the Amazon's Tax group directly responsible for the management of audits across the world. The APAC Tax Controversy Team is looking for candidates who can operate in a dynamic environment and will roll up their sleeves to deliver accurate results on multiple projects with competing deadlines. This senior role will require interacting with both internal and external stakeholders.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 13+ years of experience in tax working in a law firm, public accounting firm, multi-national corporation or tax department in the Asia-Pacific region
• LLB / LLM PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Practicing tax lawyer (or have previous experience), with particular focus on tax dispute resolution and litigation.
• Demonstrated experience dealing with tax authorities across the Asia-Pacific region with respect to both direct and indirect taxes.
• Strong project management and stakeholder management skills.
• Excellent ability to be flexible and adaptable to constantly changing priorities and needs. This includes being able to work independently and as part of a bigger team, and being able to effectively provide high level strategic direction while also execute at the ground level.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
• Excellent attention to detail and strong problem solving skills.