System Services Representative
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. To lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This role is an individual contributor responsible for on-site installation, maintenance and repair of IBM and multi-vendor systems and components, including hardware and networking products, SSR's are the primary technical interface to clients for the coordination of hardware support and delivery of operational services as required by the client. They often advise clients of preventive maintenance, configuration, operation and environmental factors which may impact product performance or impair client's IT operation. They are accountable to ensure a high level of client satisfaction with service delivery, technical support and operational services for the client account(s). When critical situations occur, they work with Remote Technical Support and are the IBM technical interface to clients to help manage the situation until the problem is fixed. They have a thorough understanding of, and are able to articulate, IBM's technical support strategy. They are responsible for the technical value relationship to protect revenue base and identify new services opportunities. The employee prioritizes tasks and chooses the best method. Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with other team members to achieve satisfactory resolution of customer issues
- Escalate to other support groups when necessary and follow up with them to ensure resolution in a timely manner
- Ensure regular updates to customer by call back and follow up e-mails
- Communicate resolution to the customer and reach an agreement of case closure
- Help maintain internal resources and knowledge bases by documenting findings and suggesting improvements
- Participate in internal projects and continuous improvement initiatives
- Follow established processes for effective management of support incidents.
- Seeks and exchanges information, ideas, and concepts. Some presentation skills are necessary. May require negotiation to achieve coordination.
- Use specialised technical knowledge to identify, evaluate, and resolve various interrelated problems from several sources.
- Recommends improvements to established procedures.
Impact on Business/Scope:
- Responsible for a variety of interrelated processes within well established procedures.
- Responsible to set work schedules individually or as a team member.
- Accountable for individual results and for the impact of the results on the team, interrelated activities, or project.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise Skills:
- At least 6 months of experience in customer support role
- Experience in technical customer support role will be considered as advantage
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Excellent soft skills, active listening/reading, sympathy, ask when in doubt, explain clearly and set right expectations
- Good planning and organization skills
- Good computer skills, including MS Office and web navigation
- Troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills to identify and resolve problems
- Customer-first mindset with high sense of ownership
- Ability to ask clarifying questions as needed to fully understand customer query
- Ability to research available resources and work instructions to find resolution
- Ability to work and follow up with multiple support groups within the organization to bring customer's issue to resolution
- Ability to quickly learn and absorb new concepts, terms and vocabulary
- Ability to research and self-study to find solutions to unknown issues and generally improve oneself.
- Ability to use tools and knowledge to understand and resolve user's issues and/or redirect them appropriately
- Ability to use clear/good judgment
- Ability to escalate as appropriate
- Ability to manage complicated requests and irate users
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise Desirable Qualifications:
Networking background as well as certification is a plus.