See job description for details
Systems Administration | Windows | Linux | Azure Your new company
Fantastic opportunity with one of the largest multinational automakers. Your new role
- Install, support and maintain IT infrastructure systems and applications deployed on-premises and on cloud-based platforms. The position requires flexibility to travel to remote data centres and possible telecommuting/work from home when necessary for afterhours break fix.
- Provide expert level technical support and incident response to the Support and Development Teams and to other infrastructure team members as required
- Administer Microsoft product platforms and associated software (including Active Directory, DNS, SCCM, Windows Server, Exchange Online, SharePoint and Office 365), the VMware virtualization platform, Linux systems, and SAN solution.
- Provide backup support for the Systems Administrator - Linux as required, including but not limited to, during periods of high workload/leave.
- Implement resource planning strategy
- Ensure appropriate system monitoring is configured and monitored, allocate infrastructure resources, configure and monitor alerts and action them.
- Manage system, application and file level security.
- Evaluate and deploy server and desktop software, including updates, and lead the development and deployment of desktop and server SOE operating system builds.
- Undertake project work including design recommendations, review, testing and implementation of new technology solutions.
- Ensure successful backup and recovery of business-critical systems and data
- Create and maintain platform documentation including architecture diagrams
- Assist colleagues to meet team goals, KPIs and improve ISD processes and practices
- Perform any other tasks as requested by the Senior Manager IT Operations, Infrastructure Manager or Head of IT
What you'll need to succeed
- Assist other Systems Administrators as required.
- Candidates must have a relevant bachelor's degree and a minimum of 4-6 years previous relevant experience and relevant industry training and certification.
- Extensive application deployment and support experience with Microsoft and mainstream productivity software applications with a working technical knowledge of desktop and server operating systems including Windows and Windows Server editions a must.
- Expert knowledge of VMware vSphere virtualization technology: configuration, deployment and management.
- Strong knowledge of SAN environments. Fibre Channel SAN switch configuration and administration highly regarded.
- Candidates should have experience in supporting mobile devices end-to-end, and a working knowledge of MDM solutions
- Candidates should also have expertise in supporting cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure. Experience with Office 365 highly regarded.
- Ability to administer Linux environments highly regarded.
- All candidates must have a demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks, and effectively and efficiently execute. Proven analytical and problem-solving ability, with attention to detail and strong documentation skills are needed.
- Excellent team player with strong project management skills is a must. Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be highly self-motivated and directed with strong interpersonal customer service skills.
What you'll get in return
- Candidates must have strong technical knowledge of current network protocols, and standards.
What you need to do now
- Great opportunity to grow within an expanding organization.
- A brand-new car every 6 months with 1% on retail value per month.
- An immediate start with great salary on offer.
- Excellent working culture.
If you're interested in this role, forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Vishal at firstname.lastname@example.org LHS 297508