Sr. Associate - Data Engineer
What makes Cognizant a unique place to work? The combination of rapid growth and an international and innovative environment! This is creating many opportunities for people like YOU - people with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to make a difference in this world.
At Cognizant, together with your colleagues from all around the world, you will collaborate on creating solutions for the world's leading companies and help them become more flexible, more innovative and successful. Moreover, this is your chance to be part of the success story: we are looking for data engineers to join our AIA
Team in the Cognizant Digital business vertical.
As a Data engineer, you will
- Design, build, and develop data pipelines under appropriate governance and approved framework.
- Enhance internal user experience on the platforms through robust, performant and resilient data pipelines.
- Collaborate with SMEs, Business and Data analysts, to ensure the right outcome is delivered to the business.
Our ideal candidate (Key Skills & Experience)
- Primary Skills: Min 5-8 years and onwards experience as a Data engineer, working on - AWS, Python, PowerBI and SQL
- Other skills:
- Hands on Big Data SQL variants (Hive-QL, Snowflake ANSI, Redshift SQL)
- Python and Spark and one or more of its API (PySpark, Spark SQL, Scala), Bash/Shell scripting
- Experience with Source code control - GitHub, VSTS etc.
- Knowledge and exposure to Big Data technologies Hadoop stack such as HDFS, Hive, Impala, Spark etc, and cloud Big Data warehouses - RedShift, Snowflake etc.
- Experience with UNIX command-line tools.
- Exposure to AWS technologies including EMR, Glue, Athena, Data Pipeline, Lambda, etc
- Other experience
- Solid experience, knowledge and skills in Data Engineering, BI/software development such as ELT/ETL, data extraction and manipulation in Data Lake/Data Warehouse environment.
- Proven experience in data modelling, analysis, and profiling.
- Experience of working in diverse data domains.
- Continuous improvement and performance optimisation practice ensuring high levels of performance, availability and integrity.
- Experience in working within an Agile environment.
- Experience in applying DevOps practices, SDLC, CI/CD principles to build automated pipelines and deployment.
- Strong data analytical skills with data exploratory skills and the ability to investigate and determine root cause
- Go-getter with the ability to lead initiative with minimum supervision
- Bachelor degree or above in either the computer science, analytics, engineering or similar domain.
- Any continual learning and/or certifications relating to data/analytics are highly valued
If you feel this opportunity suits you, or Cognizant is the type of organization you would like to join, we want to have a conversation with you! Please apply directly with us.
For a complete list of open opportunities with Cognizant, visit http://www.cognizant.com/careers Cognizant is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.