Solutions Architect - Startup
DESCRIPTION Do you want to be part of the team helping startups to become the unicorns of the future?
Are you passionate about start-ups and how technology can help them accelerate their growth?
Do you like helping fast-moving companies solve technical problems?
Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies?
Do you have a knack for helping companies understand infrastructure & application architectures including integration approaches?
Do you want to be part of the team helping to establish Amazon Web Services as the leading technology platform for Australian startups?
Amazon Web Services, (AWS) is seeking a Solutions Architect to work with startups and scale-ups across a wide range of industries, and different stages in their lifecycle. You will be equally at ease working with key customers on their specific deep architectural discussions, and also participating in startup community and scale activities.
Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
The ideal candidate will possess experience working in or leading software engineering teams at fast-moving and growing companies within the tech and startup industry; preferably with experience in data and analytics; customer facing skills that will allow them to represent Amazon well within a customer's environment or the broader startup community; as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with and give guidance to software developers and architects.
• Help a diverse range of startups to adopt the right architecture at each part of their lifecycle
• Support startups in architecting scalable, reliable and secure solutions
• Scope each customer engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria
• Support adoption of a broad range of AWS services to deliver business value and accelerate growth
• Support the evolution and roadmap of the AWS platform and services, connecting our engineering teams with our customers for feedback
• Establish and build technical relationships within the startup ecosystem, including accelerators, incubators and VCs
• Develop startup specific technical content, such as blog posts, sample code and solutions, to assist customers solve technical problems and reduce time-to-market
To learn more about being a Solutions Architect at Amazon Web Services, follow the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js21xKMFdww
• 5+ years of experience in the design and implementation of production IT solutions (including scalable cloud-based solutions, and microservices architectures)
• Practical operational experience, including monitoring application and infrastructure performance and reliability
• Broad understanding of technologies in the developer ecosystem, including IDEs, developer frameworks, continuous integration platforms
• Familiarity with DevOps philosophy, practices, and tools
• Knowledge of the latest developments in NoSQL databases, Containers and Real time data and analytics solutions.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Technical lead engineering experience with a technology startup company
• Computer Science or Math background / degree highly desired
• AWS Solution Architect Certificates; Associate, Developer, Professional
• Hands-on experience with a wide range of Amazon Web Services