Solutions Architect - Startup
DESCRIPTION Are you passionate about helping startup companies use cloud computing to develop and deploy large scale applications as they grow? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical expertise, entrepreneurship experience, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills?
Amazon Web Services, (AWS) is seeking a Solutions Architect to work with startups and scale-ups across a wide range of industries and different stages in their lifecycle. You will be equally at ease working with key customers on their specific deep architectural discussions, and also participating in community activities, and scalable programs with startup customers,.
The ideal candidate will possess experience working in or leading software engineering teams at fast-moving and growing companies within the tech and startup industry; preferably with deep experience in data and analytics; customer facing skills that will allow them to represent Amazon well within a customer's environment or the broader startup community; as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with and give guidance to software developers and architects. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• Help startups to adopt the right architecture at each part of their lifecycle
• Support startups in architecting scalable, reliable and secure solutions
• Support adoption of a broad range of AWS services to deliver business value for startups
• Support the evolution of the AWS platform and services, connecting our engineering teams to our customers for feedback
• Establish and build technical relationships within the startup ecosystem, including accelerators, incubators and VCs
• Develop startup specific technical content, such as blog posts, sample code and demos, to assist customers solve technical problems and reduce time-to-market
• Participate in startup-related industry events such as hackathons and user-groups
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 8+ years of experience in the design and implementation of complex IT solutions (including scalable cloud-based solutions and microservices architectures)
• Practical operational experience, including monitoring application and infrastructure performance and reliability
• Deep understanding of technologies in the open source developer ecosystem, including IDEs, developer frameworks, continuous integration platforms
• Familiarity with DevOps philosophy, practices, and tools
• Knowledge of the latest developments in NoSQL databases, Containers and Real time data and analytics solutions.
• Excellent communications and presentation skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • CTO/co-founder experience-at a technology startup company
• AWS Solution Architect Certificates; Associates, Developer, Professional
• Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (e.g. AWS Lambda, AWS API Gateway, Amazon ECS, Amazon DynamoDB, AWS CodeStar, AWS CodePipeline, AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodeDeploy, Amazon Elasticsearch service, Amazon Kinesis, Amazon CloudFront etc.)