Solutions Architect - DynamoDB / NoSQL
DESCRIPTION Are you a passionate about data and solving NoSQL challenges? The Amazon DynamoDB team is seeking a Solutions Architect to advise our customers across APAC. You'll help customers design cloud-based solutions that solve large-scale distributed systems problems. This role can be based in Sydney or Melbourne.
About Amazon Web Services
At Amazon, our vision is to be earth's most customer-centric company. In 2006, we launched Amazon Web Services, giving customers access to the same cloud technology we built to serve millions of shoppers on Amazon.com. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a secure cloud services platform, offering computing power, database storage, content delivery, and other functionality to help businesses scale and grow.
As a customer advisor you will work with some of Australia's most prominent startups and largest enterprises. You will shape strategies to build mind share and broad use of Amazon's Web Services amongst our Amazon DynamoDB customers. With a builder's mindset you'll craft scalable, complex NoSQL solutions. You will dive deep to understand the customer's universe whilst collaborating with our service teams to create impactful solutions. You will also partner with sales, business development, and product teams to accelerate the adoption of DynamoDB.
• Work with customers to deploy cutting-edge solutions that leverage Amazon DynamoDB
• Collaborate other AWS teams to drive DynamoDB-related revenue
• Develop technical content, such as white papers and reference architectures, that can be used by our customers to assist them in deploying cloud-based NoSQL solutions
• Assess DynamoDB-related knowledge across AWS sales and solutions architecture teams and develop plans to address gap
• Develop empathetic relationships to guide customers on their cloud journey
• Enable and nurture AWS field teams, internal community, share best practices and insights with customers and partners.
• As a thought leader, you'll produce compelling reference architectures whilst leading demos, public speaking, blogs etc
The way we work has changed lately as we support our customers remotely. Longer term, the role would involve customer visits and international travel when appropriate (up to 35% in normal circumstances).
Watch this short video (https://ggle.io/3IdJ) to find out what it's like as a Solution Architect in ANZ. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so. You don't just want to be part of an industry movement; you want to be leading it.
There's plenty of opportunities for professional development throughout your career here. This includes developing your technical, consulting and leadership skills as well as obtaining certifications. You'll also have the opportunity to learn directly from our own leading technologists.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Experience in a similar role as a Technology Architect, Cloud Architect, Technical Lead, Software Architect, Engineering Lead, Sales Engineer, Pre Sales Engineer, DBA, Data Architect, Software Development Engineer etc.
• Experience in the design and implementation of complex distributed systems architectures
• Knowledge of non-relational, NoSQL databases and other big data tools such as MongoDB, Cassandra and Hadoop (HBase)
• Experience with relational databases, data warehousing and business intelligence systems
• An understanding of cloud computing deployment models as they relate to databases and analytics
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role
• Working knowledge of one or more computer languages such as Java, C++, Perl, Ruby or Python
• Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services e.g. Amazon DynamoDB