Solutions Architect - Digital Natives*
Do you want to be part of the team helping digital native start ups become the unicorns of the future? Are you passionate about start-ups and how technology can help them accelerate their growth?
• Do you like helping fast-moving startups solve technical problems?
• Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies?
• Do you have a knack for helping companies understand infrastructure & application architectures including integration approaches?
• Do you want to be part of the team helping to establish Amazon Web Services as a leading technology platform for Australian startups?
• As a Solution Architect within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon's web services within key startup accounts.
Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
The ideal candidate will possess experience working in or leading teams at fast-moving companies within the Australian startup ecosystem; customer facing skills that will allow them to represent Amazon well within a customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel; as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance to software developers and architects. S/he should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key technical member of the Solutions Architecture team in helping to ensure customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform
• Scope each customer engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria
• Own each technical engagement, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value. (Delivery of actual solutions to be done by AWS partners.)
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the solution architect community
• Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals
• Understand and exploit internal Amazon systems
Want to learn more about being a Solutions Architect at AMAZON Web Services, follow the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js21xKMFdww Basic Qualifications
• describe a recent technology project that you built for fun?
• explain how you decide which tech to use to solve a given problem?
• outline the key decisions you'd need to make when designing a distributed and scalable system?
• whiteboard architectures for highly available, secure systems?
• walk someone through the benefits and drawbacks of a microservices architecture?
• run through the differences between various version control systems?
• explain what a CDN is and what value it offers for users?
• describe what the difference is between ALB and ELB?
If you answered "yes" to at least four of the above and you have firsthand experience in the Australian startup ecosystem, we want to talk to you! Preferred Qualifications
• Computer Science or Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired
• Degree in engineering, computer science or equivalent