Solution Architect (Data)
- Immerse yourself in our inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
- Make a real difference in your community through our social and environmental programs
- Choose the way you want to work by embracing our flexible work arrangements
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
KPMG is going through some significant transformations in the Data & Analytics domain and is therefore looking for an experienced data-focused Solution Architect with a broad-reaching ability to adapt to a fast-changing IT landscape. This is an excellent opportunity to make a significant difference to KPMG as a firm by helping to drive leading technology initiatives across our business. Your Opportunity
As part of Technology Design & Architecture team, you will be directly responsible for design and implementation of solutions using modern cloud architectures for a diverse set of requirements. As a thought leader, you'll engage, educate, and enable KPMG Australia's internal and external stakeholders on best practices. Key responsibilities:
How are you Extraordinary?
- Providing technical leadership, gathering requirements, designing solutions, and overseeing the development and execution of large-scale data transformation projects using Azure and AWS.
- Maintain and publish design standards for Data Governance and lifecycle management.
- Designing architectures which will enable efficiencies using DevOps practices.
- Creating hands-on solution prototyping and testing architecture patterns.
- Collaborating with various technical stakeholder clients including the architecture, security, network and infrastructure teams to enable technology selection.
- Providing support to project managers through developing tasks, estimates, and dependencies to meet delivery expectations.
- Sharing and communicating end-to-end solutions (orally and in writing) to executives, business sponsors, and technical resources.
- Providing deep knowledge with respect to secure cloud and data architecture, design patterns and integrations.
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities.
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience could include: Education and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, or engineering discipline with relevant industry experience and certification (TOGAF certification is desirable)
- 5+ years' experience in IT, preferably with 2+ years as a Data focused Cloud Architect.
- Practical experience in the design and implementation of data and storage services in public cloud platforms to best practise.
- Experience in data modelling, data architecture and analytical skills.
- Experience in data visualisation technologies (PowerBI and Tableau) and data migration experience
- Experience in leading and providing guidance to data engineering teams.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure-as-Code, GitOps and associated deployment pipelines.
- Knowledge of security and IAM (Identity and Access Management) including SSO.
- Knowledge of monitoring, logging, debugging and tracing on cloud platform.
Significant experience in the end-to-end project life cycle - including high level architecture, detailed design & implementation. The KPMG Difference
At KPMG, we're passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone's unique experiences enable us to deliver meaningful benefits for our people, our clients and communities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, ages, religions, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, LGBTIQ+ people, those with a disability, women and people with a cultural or linguistically diverse background.
We embrace flexibility as a key principle to allow our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal and family life.
KPMG has a decade-long, proud commitment to Indigenous Australia, as demonstrated by the achievement of an Elevate level Reconciliation Action Plan. KPMG is a foundation member and Principal Partner of Pride in Diversity started in Australia by ACON and the Diversity Council of Australia, and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index(AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace. KPMG Australia has been consistently recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Government's Workplace Gender Equality Agency(WGEA) annual index.
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary ! Advertised:
13 Jul 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time Applications close:
12 Aug 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now