Solution Architect - Data Centre
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world's leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company's technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.technology
The Solution Architect - Data Centre is responsible for providing technical expertise and strategic advice to major customers, managing technology aspects in complex delivery programs and coordinating and delivering all aspects of customer ICT needs with particular focus on Data Centre technologies including translating multiple client business requirements into specific designs for large, complex information technology solutions and integrating architecture.
The role will be responsible for aligning the business case with technology and write professional Statement of Works with associated cost modelling including determining technical feasibility of business requests/requirements, conducting impact analysis of the proposed solutions to other parts of the application/system components, and identifying alternative technical solutions to satisfy the business needs. The Senior Professional Solution Architect (Data Centre) will have demonstrated experience as a capable Solutions Consultant with core competencies in Data Centre technologies.
The Technical Services team is responsible for the delivery of pre-sales, technical consulting, and project services across DXC Connect core competency areas: Network, Data Centre and Edge. This role is focused on Data Centre Technologies and solutions and is customer facing, directly involved in consulting, designing, winning future work for the team, and delivering the solutions as required. Skills and Experience: Critical
Trust, Transform & Thrive
- Clear, concise, and business focused communication with key customer stakeholders including varying levels of management across all business units is integral to the role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to interact effectively, establish, and maintain rapport with other team members, business stakeholders and subject matter experts, both internal and external to the organisation.
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage within budgetary constraints.
- Ability to deliver customer focused results during times of rapid change is essential.
- Solid experience in delivering network infrastructure solutions within a project environment.
- A demonstrated knowledge of a wide range of ICT products and applications, ability to learn about new products and apply the knowledge in practice in the field, or through solution prototyping in a test/dev environment.
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively across teams and business units to achieve success.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrated strong customer focus and passion for delivering great solutions to customers.
- Ability to travel at short notice, and work among a global team of professionals.
- Flexibility to allow for occasional evening or weekend work.
- Technical skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of HCI solutions across different vendors such as Cisco (preferred) or DELL EMC, HP).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Storage/SAN solutions across different vendors (Cisco, NetApp, Pure or DELL EMC, HP).
- Extensive Microsoft Windows Server & global Active Directory Schema administration experience (Win2000 - 2019).
- Experience in removal of complex AD Schemas and Group Policy "clean-up' Projects.
- Demonstrated ability to implement Low Level Designs and produce support handover documentation including 'as-built' documentation and updated diagrams.
- Experience within large enterprise server and storage installations is essential and the ability to consult on Cloud migration
- Ability to audit current server and storage architecture and present recommendations.
- Able to design, configure and implement server and storage solutions including VMware ESXi 6.x and 7.x is essential.
- Design server and storage solutions with HCI solutions such as Cisco Hyperflex and Flashstack, ensuring security policies and practices are maintained to a high standard.
- Experience with P2V server migrations and server migrations.
- Experience with capacity management planning.
- Experience in data protection solutions and technologies (CommVault or Veeam)
- Cisco CCNP or CCIE Data Center Certifications highly desirable.
- VMware Certified professional (VCP) - required.
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals - required.
- Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert - desirable.
- Microsoft MCSA (Windows Server 2016 or above) - required.
- 10+ years' experience in complex technical solution selling and/or consultative selling and delivery or technical account management.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field preferred.
- Formal qualifications in project delivery methodologies is desirable.
with a company whose mission is to leading clients on their digital transformation journeys, DXC Technology will be recognized globally as a force multiplier, enabling clients to seize the opportunities presented by today's rapidly changing technologies.