Snr Program Architect - Melbourne
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Customer Success Group Job Details Program Architect/Senior Program Architect
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World's Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!
The Program Architect plays a critical role within Salesforce Services, serving as a strategic advisor and Salesforce product and platform expert to the company's largest, most complex enterprise customers. Responsibilities:
- Become a highly certified and recognized Salesforce expert.
- Serve as a Trusted Advisor, drive conversations with our customer's Enterprise Architects and Business Stakeholders armed with best practices for enterprise architecture functions such as Security, Performance, Development Process, and Application Governance.
- Advise and mentor diverse teams, which include customer and partner resources in technical and functional delivery aspects at a program level, using influence and adaptive communication strategies in scenarios where Senior Architect does not have direct authority over all resources.
- Contribute to a program vision while advising and articulating program/project strategies on enabling technologies including the Salesforce Platform.
- Provide guidance on application and integration development best practices, Enterprise Architecture standards, functional and technical solution architecture & design, environment management, testing, and Salesforce Platform education.
- Drive the creation of application and technical design documents which leverage Salesforce best practices and effectively integrate Salesforce into the customer's infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot key customer implementation issues and demonstrate ability to drive to successful resolution. Lead the evaluation of business and technical requirements from a senior level.
- Review and correcting project/program direction, approach and key artifacts to keep programs on track and solutions extendable and maintainable going forward.
- Identification and pro-active management of risk areas and commitment to seeing an issue through to complete resolution.
- Manage customer expectations; negotiate solutions to complex problems with both the customer and third-party partners.
- Build relationships with business partners, internal and external, and contributing to broader goals and growth beyond the scope of a single customer engagement.
- Contribute to the growth of the Services Practice by identifying and leading internal strategic initiatives to grow the consulting practice, leveraging junior teammates to achieve individual as well as team growth; serving as an active contributor to the practice knowledge and resource base; mentor, educate, and enrich technical and non-technical Salesforce customer and partner colleagues.
- 2+ years of Salesforce consulting and implementation experience in Technical Solutioning and/or architecture - preferred
- 8+ years of enterprise consulting experience, including implementation experience with one or more common enterprise software solutions (e.g. CRM, ERP), filling positions of increasing responsibility and management of more junior technical resources.
- 5+ years experience as a Senior Architect and/or CTO in a mid to large sized organization with demonstrated leadership driving an organizational transformation in a matrixed organization.
- Strong understanding of software development and deliver processes (DevOps), preferably in a Salesforce environment
- Experience with key areas of enterprise architecture, including integration technologies, single sign on, and master data management.
- Experience with Waterfall and/or Agile implementation methodologies.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter. Proven results leading and overseeing customer and/or partner success stories in the following domains: front- and back-end solution architecture, development and release management strategies, change management, and direct leadership in designing solutions that meet or exceed customer needs.
- Proven ability to analyze, design, and optimize business processes via technology and integration.
- Guiding customers and colleagues in rationalizing and deploying emerging technologies that drive increased business value.
- Polished speaker with the ability to evangelize best practices at various levels within a large organization.
- A particular desire to continually study new technologies and functionality, as well as be involved in projects that push the capabilities of existing technologies.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to effectively develop materials that are appropriate for the audience.
- Strong presentation skills. Able to effectively present and defend point of view to a variety of audiences.
- Travel to client site (average of 75%), but may be higher or lower based on the client engagement.
- Highly beneficial to have any Salesforce.com product certifications prior to joining. It is expected that you will gain the following certifications as part of the role requirement and onboarding process in the first 3 months:
- SFDC Certified Administrator
- Sales Cloud Consultant
- Service Cloud Consultant
- SFDC Certified Advanced Administrator
- SFDC Marketing Cloud Certification
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
*LI-Y Accommodations -
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.