Site Reliability Engineer - Multiple Roles
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Apr 19
Site Reliability Engineer - Multiple Roles
First a bit about ANZ
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
ANZ has started to move to a new way of working, leveraging agile practices. To understand more about this new way of working and if this role is right for you, we strongly encourage you to take a look at The ANZ Way vimeo channel where you’ll find The ANZ Way animation and the New Ways of Working animation.
Your team’s mission?
The purpose of the Group Payments Tech Area is to transform Payments by fortifying existing platforms, simplifying and standardising processes and technology and by enabling our business through reusable end to end services.
As an Engineer, you’ll bring the following experience:
You will ensure that Payments’ platforms run at scale efficiently and more reliably while accommodating our appetite for fast and frequent change requests. You will strive to have a complete understanding of our platform, its functions and dependencies, code and configuration.
You will be a member of the Engineering Chapter and Site Reliability Engineering guild. As a member you will share ideas and knowledge and partner with your Chapter Lead to uplift the capability of the chapter.
Who are you?
- A team player – I know we only win if we all win. I recognise and value the different perspectives and skills my squad mates bring. It is not about being a hero but jumping in and contributing to the successful delivery of our mission
- The customer’s greatest fan – I demonstrate a thirst for better understanding the customer, defines the problem and develop solutions through their eyes
- A collaboration champion – I champion collaboration and builds the expertise, capabilities and engagement of team members that are embedded across multiple squads
- Comfortable being uncomfortable – I am comfortable with uncertainty and have the ability to effectively manage myself through ambiguity by making meaning, building relationships and creating clarity with my peers
- Continuous improvement junkie – I constructively challenge the status quo, I look for better ways of doing things and passionately advocate continuous improvement
- Committed to my own and other’s growth – I strive to stretch and grow myself and others by identifying my own development areas, seeking feedback and providing feedback to others to help them learn and grow everyday
- A Problem Solver – I am energised by tackling complex problems. I use my critical thinking, network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for our customers and the bank
- Commercially and Tech curious – I have a wide-angled lens. I am curious about what’s happening in the external market and in emerging trends and innovations (technological and otherwise) and how we use this information to better inform our decisions and actions.
- Risk savvy – I build sustainable solutions that protect stakeholders and customers and proactively address risks by role-modelling improvements in the bank’s overall risk and control environment
- Actively engage in the whole lifecycle (inception, design, development, testing, deployment, operation, monitoring and refinement) of systems and services
- Monitor, measure and maintain availability and health of our infrastructure and platform
- Manage incidents/problems, apply fixes and resolve systematic issues; triage issues with stakeholders and identify and implement solutions to restore productivity
- Advocate for changes that improve overall platform health and performance
- Always look for opportunities to automate and build and maintain CICD pipelines
- Atlassian Suite (Jira, Bamboo, BitBucket, Confluence)
- Containerisation (Docker) and Container management Platforms (Kubernetes, OpenShift, GKE etc.)
- Monitoring tools (Splunk, NewRelic etc.)
- Shell scripting
- One or more of: Python, Perl, Java, GoLang or C.
“At ANZ we aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.”