Senior Telecom Engineer
Vanguard Australia has been helping investors achieve their long-term financial goals for over 20 years. Serving institutional and individual clients, and financial advisers, we offer investment solutions that are low-cost, diversified and robust through time.
With more than AUD $9 trillion in assets under management Vanguard is one of the world's largest global investment management companies. In Australia we partner with institutional clients, financial advisers and individual investors to offer low-cost investment solutions. Our comprehensive range of managed funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs) and tailored investment solutions are built
to support long-term investment success for our clients. Our Team & Opportunity
At Vanguard, technology is integral to helping our clients reach their personal goals. We depend on IT 24/7 to run our investors' assets. That puts your expertise in telecommunications at the heart of our business.
In this role, we'll rely on you to keep our networks running smoothly and, in return, you can rely on us to help you develop your career. The central role of technology in Vanguard's business not only provides extraordinary learning opportunities for you, it sets new standards for the wider IT industry. Make it count.
As a Network Engineer, WAN/MAN/Cloud, connectivity you will provide senior level telecommunications network services including: designing, installing, configuring, and integrating new network technologies, for developers and IT Technical Services teams, and provide project leadership for network design and installation projects using standard technologies. In this role, you will:
What it takes:
- Use your networking expertise to ensure Vanguard is a connected, efficient business able to look after its investors
- Develop your skills by supporting everything from new large-scale installations to upgrades, maintenance and fixes
- Keep the most vital functions of our business up and running by carrying out troubleshooting for more complex hardware and software issues
- Identify performance issues and interpret trends, like network traffic, to ensure continuous communications improvement
- Improve performance through high-performing networks
- You're passionate about the potential to transform the business through networking technology but, more than that, you understand how to use it to deliver real benefits to our clients. You're committed to getting the most from our resources and ensuring they operate at peak performance. The same goes for your own career: you're keen to build on your analytical and problem-solving skills, improve your technical knowhow and develop to your full potential. Together we'll own the way in a fast-growing industry.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Demonstrated strong network technician experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong project leadership skills.
- Strong group facilitation skills.
- Good knowledge of the following telecom network practices and concepts: network security, network architecture design, technical standards and deliverables, troubleshooting tools (e.g., protocol analyzers, load generators, and network traces), software and hardware installation and configuration, network hardware, protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, DLC, OSPF, and BGP).
- Good knowledge of current versions of the following products: Cisco IOS, Juniper Junos, Palo Alto / Panorama, Microsoft Office Suite, Network General Sniffer, Visio, F5 Networks GTM/LTM, DataPower XI50
- Preferred Certifications: Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certificate, Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certificate, Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) or Juniper Networks Certified Professional Enterprise Routing and Switching (JNCIP-ENT), Juniper Networks Certified Expert Enterprise Routing and Switching (JNCIE-ENT) or equivalent advanced Juniper network certificate.
- Certifications - holds the certificate or has the ability to attain within 12 months of hire date, preferred: Cisco Certified Internetwork Engineer (CCIE) certificate.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success