Senior Technical Consulting Advisor
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Join our new GBS OpenShift and Middleware Practice
- Help solve client's most valuable problems
- Permanent position, based in Sydney/Melbourne
- IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
We are building our GBS OpenShift and Middleware Practice, but we are missing one thing - you!
As the Senior Technical Consulting advisor you will be based in either Sydney/Canberra/Melbourne.
What will I be doing?
- Working with Hybrid Cloud Services and Business Transformation Services market makers and practice owners as an interlock to further our OpenShift origination efforts as they look to tackle complex customer engagements and solution journeys.
- Working in conjunction with the IBM technology group to systematically address IBM ANZ's segment one accounts, rollout the Prove, Adopt, Consume, Expand to help increase both CloudPak and OpenShift adoption
- Discover and engage independent software vendors that are relevant in the ANZ market to assist to make their software OpenShift ready and certified and drive into their existing and new customer deployments
- Working across all of GBS to help tackle developer reluctance and help move customers from native EKS and AKS to OpenShift.
What skills will I need?
- Great experience and understanding of the market in Australia and New Zealand
- Ability to think like a business executive, manage security team members and communicate effectively with key stakeholders
- Design knowledge and experience in advising on suitable cloud and container architecture, especially in hybrid environments.
- Understanding of cloud and container infrastructure configuration and deployment.
- Deep understanding of modern cloud based technologies including Kubernetes, Docker and/or OpenShift.
What experience do I need?
- Degree and/or Cloud information management certifications
- 3+ years in container technology
- 8+ years in information technology
- Certified in one key cloud product with ability to understand others (such as Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, Tanzu, IBM Cloud, AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud)
- Knowledge of modern enterprise architecture
- A sound knowledge of the intricacies of the Distribution and/or Industry sectors in Australia and New Zealand.
You are a Permanent Resident or Australian Citizen of Australia Sign me up!
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise