Senior Software Engineer - Front End
Who we are:
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally. Our purpose is to empower businesses of all sizes to grow in their own markets and around the world. With technology at our core, we built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia's fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 12 global locations and have raised over $500 million in funding from world class investors including Sequoia, Greenoaks and ANZ. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG's Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact. Your role
As a Senior Software Engineer at Airwallex you will be passionate about translating complex customer challenges into simple, intuitive technology solutions. This role will specifically focus on customising, refining and improving our customer facing web application. This application is the main interface between our SME customers and the Airwallex core platforms.
Day to day you will contribute to the design of how our platform looks and feels, you will collaborate with your engineering colleagues to build front end applications and ensure that the integrations across our full tech stack are secure, reliable and always available for our customers. Our technology stack end to end is Kotlin, Kafka and React, with our front end built around micro-services architecture.
In addition to core engineering duties we actively encourage our engineering community to contribute to the growth of Airwallex generally. As a hyper growth business our product road is constantly evolving, we want our engineers to play a part in how that happens.
Who you are
- You can think on your feet - with experience working in a customer facing or consulting roles, crafting complex solutions
- You are committed - you strive to produce exceptional quality solutions that meet our customer needs
- You are team player- you enjoy working in a collaborative, innovative and customer first driven environment
- You are naturally curious- always asking why to better understand our customer needs
- You are a passionate problem solver - You love digging deep and brainstorming with colleagues in order to come up with the best solution for a problem
What you'll bring
- 5+ years experience in modern engineering practices focused on continuous integration and quality engineering
- Open on coding languages - Kotlin, Kafka, React preferred
- Designing and building REST APIs
- Distributed data storage systems (Cassandra, Hazelcast, Oracle Coherence or similar)
- GCP or AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB, CloudFront, etc), docker and Kubernetes exposure
- Operational tooling such as New Relic, StatsD, Elk, Datadog, Prometheus
If this sounds like something you would be keen to hear more about, hit apply.
At Airwallex we like to ensure we create the best environment for our people providing a collaborative open office space, PlayStation and table tennis to unwind, a fully stocked kitchen which includes breakfast, snacks, fruit, beers, you name it! We also organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and offer learning and development opportunities. Most importantly, we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.