See job description for details
Promising role on offer for Software Engineers Your new company
You will be joining an industry leader in the Aviation/ Defence Industry based in the Melbourne CBD, working on exciting and innovative projects. Take the next step in your IT career by joining a unique, supportive and collaborative team who are driven to succeed and develop new initiatives. Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Designing and delivering software to meet customer requirements including architecture, design, reuse, development, integration and verification, ensuring all key commitments are met (Scope, Cost, Quality, Schedule, Risk)
- Specifying, designing, coding and unit testing software components in line with functional requirements.
- Assembling the software components in a logical and controlled manner to evaluate the design, behaviour, interactions and performance
- Defining and tailoring the software engineering environment and the process, practices and tools applicable to the project
- Participating in the specification of the functions and interfaces of products to be developed, as well as leading some components and defining their architecture and the allocation of functions
- Ensuring the timely delivery of software releases in support of the integration and test program Identifying risks, and proposing effective solutions; executing mitigation actions and reporting on outcomes and residual risks
- Participating in technical reviews, workshops, peer reviews and project reviews as appropriate for the program
What you need to do now
- A tertiary qualification in Engineering, Computer Science, IT or other relevant qualification.
- Solid experience of developing and delivering large-scale or distributed software solutions on time and on budget
- Preferred Experience in one of the below technologies - Java, C/C++, ADA, XML, Coverity, Sonar.
- Experience in Development Environment such as Linux/ Thalix, GIT, Jira, Kanbans/ Sprints, Jenkins, Gnat, Eclipse, Vim/ Notepad ++, VMs, AWS, Confluence, Agile + Waterfall Lifecycle, Bespoke Automated testing Frameworks.
- Understanding of the total life cycle of complex software development, including processes and responsibilities at each stage in the cycle.
- Demonstrated experience of software estimation, design, development and unit testing across multiple software components or teams.
- Solid understanding of configuration management tools and continuous build environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. LHS 297508