Senior Relationship Credit Manager, Melbourne VIC
About The Role
- Assist in achieving overall business strategy and increasing competitiveness to identify opportunities and execute solutions.
- Demonstrate Leadership traits by effectively monitoring and mentoring junior members to strive for out-performance by providing appropriate feedback and development plans.
- Ensure compliance standards are met at all times by driving adherence to credit process.
Role Location: Level 42, 55 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
Role Type: Permanent, Full-time
Your role as a Senior Relationship Credit Manager is relationship focused which specialises in credit risk assessment for existing and prospective clients. The role drives deeper value in relationships by maintaining a detailed understanding of client’s business and financial service needs.
You will be responsible for working directly with various stakeholders to complete and manage the broader credit assessment function and ensure an optimal 'well managed' portfolio at all times. Part of the responsibility would be to identify value adding strategies to ensure an effective approach to customers whilst minimising all potential risks to ANZ.
It is expected that you will have a clear understanding of the performance history and future plans of each customer on the portfolio at all times. About You
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Tertiary Qualification in a business related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, computer literacy and demonstrated excellent customer focus
- Demonstrate people management and coaching skills.
- Strong knowledge of financial statements and credit assessment skills incorporating background of sound business lending for Corporate and large scale businesses
- Broad product and specialised financing knowledge to consistently make appropriate recommendations to key business stakeholders
- Ability to identify key business drivers and mitigate key risks
- The ability to work autonomously or work within teams with proven analytical, negotiation and problem solving skills
- A strong commitment to your own personal development
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers.
You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number AUS099001.