Senior Partner Solutions Architect
DESCRIPTION Are you passionate about helping businesses transform using the cloud? We're looking for a technical advisor to support our Consulting Partners in Australia.
About Amazon Web Services
At Amazon, our vision is to be earth's most customer-centric company. In 2006, we launched Amazon Web Services, giving customers access to the same cloud technology we built to serve millions of shoppers on Amazon.com. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a secure cloud services platform, offering computing power, database storage, content delivery, and other functionality to help businesses scale and grow.
As a Partner Solutions Architect you will enable our consulting partners with technical expertise to build successful cloud practices and repeatable well-architected solutions that customers want to buy, making it easy for customers to choose the right partner for their business needs.
Our consulting partners build AWS solutions to meet the business needs of their customers every day. In Australia, we see consulting partners like Versent, Telstra, CMD Solutions, and many others using the AWS platform to transform the companies that power Australia's economy. In this role, you will own the technical engagement with AWS consulting partners.
Your goal will be to increase the AWS technical capabilities of our consulting partners. Help them build practices, innovative solutions, and Go-To-Market offerings on AWS that customers want to buy. You will help partners envision the art-of-the-possible for solving customer challenges.
You'll put exciting ideas to practical use, leveraging a broad set of cloud computing services across Network, Compute, Storage, Database, Data and Analytics, Internet of Things, Machine Learning, etc. Day to day you'll help consulting partners understand the cloud whilst sharing your knowledge with the wider community. This involves developing deep expertise in AWS technologies and services. You'll build a broad understanding of how services are constructed using AWS.
You don't just want to be part of an industry movement; you want to be leading it. Watch this short video (https://ggle.io/3IdJ) to find out what it's like as a Solution Architect in Australia.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key technical member of the Partner Solutions Architecture team helping AWS consulting partners build successful cloud practices and repeatable well-architected solutions that customers want to buy
• Technical enablement of AWS consulting partners to help them build repeatable solutions.
• Scope each engagement with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
• Own each technical engagement, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solution architect community.
• Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, industry verticals, and partner community.
At Amazon Web Services we don't mind being called "peculiar." We have our own way of doing things. We're obsessed with customers and partners, we see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we're comfortable being misunderstood. That might sound unorthodox, but our unusual approach and our culture - focused on removing obstacles so builders can build - are part of why our people enjoy working in AWS.
You will be supported in your career development here at AWS. This includes building your technical consulting and leadership skills. We're passionate about supporting the needs of our people and their family. Benefits include Medical Cover, Employee Assistance Programs and Global Mobility opportunities.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Experience in a similar role as a Solutions Architect, Cloud Architect, Technical Consultant, Technical Lead, Software Architect, Engineering Lead, Sales Engineer, etc.\
• Extensive and demonstrable experience and success working with or for professional services, systems integrators, and/or consulting firms
• Experience architecting infrastructure solutions using both Linux/Unix and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures.
• Experience architecting or deploying Cloud/Virtualization solutions in enterprise customers
• Demonstrated ability to influence CxO level executives
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • AWS implementation or consulting experience
• Broad based technology experience including: cloud computing, data warehousing, applications development, relational databases, NoSQL databases, MapReduce, analytics, networking, security, storage, compute, continuous deployment, management and monitoring, cloud migrations/transformation and devops.
• Application development experience
• AWS Professional Certification and/or Specialty Certification
We passionately believe that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. Recruiting are decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Would you like to Come Build with Us? Apply now for consideration.