Senior Operations Consultant
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Deloitte Australia
- 26 Apr 19
Senior Operations Consultant
Deloitte Consulting Operations Senior Consultant
In Operations we focus on addressing the issues and questions that keep COOs awake at night. We start right at the top, helping our clients articulate and implement their strategic direction, and touch every layer of an organisation from improving the customer experience, business and financial performance, and right down to the shop floor optimising day to day operations and supply chain efficiency. The services we offer are aligned into three operating units across six industries; Technology, Media & Telecommunications, Energy & Resources, Social Impact, Financial Services, Consumer & Industrial Products and Public Sector & Healthcare.
The Deloitte Consulting Operations team work with leading executives both in Australia and internationally who are faced with the requirement to transform operations, increase productivity, restructure, lower costs, and get the most out of the workforce and assets to remain competitive. Our Operational Transformation practice specialises in turning strategies into measurable and sustained results.
Our Operational Transformation team is growing rapidly in response to market demands for critical thinkers who can solve complex business problems. As a result, we are looking for an experienced Senior Consultant with capability across Consulting Strategy and Operations. Our clients face challenges that range from transformation in response to market demands, through to disruption from technology advances such as robotics and cognitive automation that enable us to overhaul the customer experience and the efficiencies that can be gained from operations.
About the role
Engage directly with high profile clients on their most important and challenging business issues - addressing and solving their priority operational problems
- Work with a high performing team with a strong commitment to excellence in pursuit of helping our clients drive profitability and performance through their business operations
- Draw on Deloitte's unique capabilities in Design thinking, Digital, Data Analytics, Deloitte Access Economics, and experience from our global consulting network.
- Demonstrate an exceptional understanding of complex program management and the ability to manage multiple workstreams in an agile manner and a diverse group of stakeholders through a sustainable change program.
- Undertake extensive operations focused training and development (both structured and on the job), with the opportunity to experience borderless careers through international assignments and secondments
- This role requires superior team leadership, mentoring and proven capabilities in people management
- A career in Operations means you will be working alongside Australia's leaders solving the toughest problems - you never have a boring day
About your Experience
In response to strong client demand for our services, we are currently seeking to recruit an experienced and driven Senior Consultant with extensive advisory and transformation/change experience. To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Direct operations consulting experience in a Tier 1 Consulting firm or boutique operations advisory firm
- Proven experience leading consulting project teams, working at executive levels within listed organisations or equivalent - in areas such as supply chain, enterprise cost reduction, operational improvement and process excellence (ideally with international exposure)
- Exceptional quantitative, analytical and financial modelling skills
- Ideally expertise in project management, business transformation, strategy development
- Highly effective communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to build strong relationships with a range of clients
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Exposure to multiple sectors and industries
Join a high performing culture of talented people, who are highly motivated and passionate about delivering impactful solutions and insight. We are innovative and different because YOU are... we pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social - and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, build a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'And different'.
From day one at our firm you'll be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities that will set you up to succeed - in every sense of the word. At Deloitte, we assume that you perform other roles within your life...you could be a student, a teacher, a passionate hobbyist and a caring family member. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
If this sounds like a role that was made for you, we want to hear from you! Click 'Apply' now.
The minimum salary requirement for this role is AU$91,500 including 9.5% superannuation
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu is the DTTL member firm in Australia ("Deloitte Australia"). "Deloitte" is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to select clients.
Requisition code: AUEXP165155