Senior Manager, People
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia's fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $500 million in funding. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG's Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
Reporting into the Global Head of People, you will lead the Australian People team including hiring and managing a high functioning People team which will be tasked with creating a best in class People function. Your team will touch all aspects of the employee lifecycle including employee administration, business partnering, people success and everything in between. This is a true 'builder' role, there are a number of high visibility HR projects that need implementing (comp & benefits, career ladders, employee engagement, HR tooling etc). This is a brand new role where you will have a direct impact on the Australian employee population, currently 160 employees and growing rapidly.
- Recruit and manage a high performing People team, including Generalists, Business Partners, Office Managers and People Success
- Managing the delivery of all generalist HR activities covering employee training, employee development, compensation, benefits, systems administration, organisational or resource planning, organisational change management, and other services
- Liaising with subject matter experts within the broader business (e.g. recruitment, finance, legal) to collaborate, provide guidance and streamline where possible
- Identifying and delivering long-term strategies as Airwallex continues to scale
- Working with cross border peers to ensure global consistency
- Work with the Airwallex leadership team to build and implement People solutions to continue driving engagement and productivity, and foster Airwallex culture
- Researching issues and developing solutions to resolve strategic business issues
- Developing and implementing new policies, practices and programs to meet organisational and Executive/Strategic Management needs.
What you bring:
- 5+ years of direct people management experience
- 10+ years of experience in HR
- Experience scaling a business (tech startup is advantageous)
- Experience scaling a People team
- Expert knowledge of HR organisational policies and practices
- Experience creating and implementing HR best practices
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills and highly service orientated
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.