Senior Manager - Financial Services Tax Advisory
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 21 Nov 17
See job description for details
- Looking for a role that is pure Tax Advisory with no compliance work?
- Value diversity? It's what sets us apart. Interested in a career beyond accounting?
- With a diverse range of projects, we'll have you working with Australia's most respected companies from day one.
Your new role
Responsibilities as a Senior Manager include:
- Developing relationships with clients and targets to gain an understanding of their businesses, and identify potential opportunities
- Leading multiple engagements of varying size and complexity
- Advising clients on complex tax matters
- Producing well-researched tax opinions
- Providing guidance and mentoring to junior tax consultants
- Demonstrated strategic and innovative thinking skills with the ability to develop tailored solutions to address complex needs
- Australian and/or other Commonwealth country tax experience
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining relationships at various levels
- Previous corporate tax experience in either a Big 4 or middle tier firm (Experience working in an in-house role will be considered)
- Legal and/or commence degree (desirable)
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and the ability to motivate and lead teams to achieving an outcome
KPMG is one of the world's leading professional services networks. It comprises over 162,000 people in member firms in more than 155 countries. We bring our clients the best minds and the deepest industry experiences from across the KPMG network of firms. We provide a culture of learning and support in which professionals can flourish and discover their true potential. In Australia, and globally, KPMG is recognized as an employer of choice, including receiving the Employer of Choice for Gender Equality from WGEA, and a Top 10 Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online or call David Broughton on 03 9838 4277
Advertised: 08 Nov 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 08 Dec 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time